Author's note

- I took some liberties with Judy's age... I just pretended that she mis-remembered and she was actually, like, 10 when she got attacked. 10 plus 15 is 25. Let's say training takes half a year... 26! I didn't want an age gap to distract from everything else. I didn't want to clutter this long and cluttered fic with too many different kinds of discrimination, just the more immediate ones.

- You should see my google search suggestions bar right now... it's filled with stuff like "how did ligers come to be" and "the pointy tooth in fox," "diagram of fox teeth," "difference between hare and rabbit," "are foxes soft and fluffy." Seriously, it's hilarious and weird.

- A few thoughts on the Clawhauser scene: I really wanted this to be very slice-of-(Nick's) life, so I wanted him to have interactions with characters that weren't just Judy. I hope I captured this in his scene with Pogo and Isabella and his dad and etc. etc. But when I was writing this scene, I was a little anxious because I know it's touchy. If Clawhauser is gay, I don't mind, but I didn't want people to think he was gay just because of his mannerisms, which I think is wrong in its own right. So it's not that I think being straight is like, the supreme sexual orientation or something. It's just that if someone is gay, wait till you have definitive proof, don't just assume. I deleted this scene over and over because I figure if I'm going to be attacked for anything, it'll be that scene. I tried my best not to make it moralizing or preachy. But this is a movie about discrimination and stereotyping, and I wanted to stretch that into this fic, as well. Also, the interaction has some of my beliefs infused in it, because sometimes it gets tiring listening to people get defensive and attack, but I really think being kind and forgiving and trying to be understanding in these kinds of misunderstandings brings these issues closer to resolution.

- WOW THIS AUTHOR'S NOTE IS SO LONG I'M SO SORRY I really hope you guys enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. It's not beta-d and even having reread this thing like 10+ times, I'm afraid I get repetitive. But I just had so much fun, and this is probably my favorite fic that I've ever done. So please leave a review of your own opinions/suggestions/constructive criticisms! Or leave a review of any of the puns/references that made you giggle! And please... no flames! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS!

- I decided not to do a companion piece from Judy's POV, just because I've been rereading this one shot over and over, and it just stands so well on its own. I had started working on Judy's bit, but it just wasn't sounding right. I may tinker around with it for another completely different fic, but otherwise, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT! IT REALLY MADE MY DAY AND NIGHT, I WOULD GET SO EXCITED TO HEAR FROM YOU GUYS! I tried to reply to every review, but some people reviewed as guests, so I just want to say thank you for your suggestions! You guys SERIOUSLY contributed so much LOL I was correcting a lot of little things as I got the reviews.