Chapter 7

The next day a news reporter is knocking on my door. I smile at her and she asks me if I can come out into my front yard with Dreamer. Of course I say yes, so I grab Dreamer walk outside and sit down on a across from her. She begins the interview.

"So, what is is like having your joey back?" she asks. I answer, "It is the best feeling ever. To know that the whole of Australia is out there to help, that's a great feeling." I smile at the camera. The next question she asks is, "I heard that you knew the man who took Dreamer away. How do you know him and how did you feel when he did this?" I take a deep breath in. "I have known him for a long time, many years, and I felt very betrayed when he took Dreamer away from me. Not only did he do this, he was also extremely rude and selfish."

The interview finishes, and soon it's time to see myself on the news. Surprisingly I didn't really embarrass myself that much. Dreamer cuddles up to me on the couch. I give him a hug. I'm so glad that I got my little Dreamer back.

The next day a news reporter comes over to my house. A second interview. After a couple of questions she says, "The reason I'm here is because people from every country love Dreamer. He's famous."

My mouth falls open. Dreamer's famous? The lady shows me a photo of the billboards in China. Dreamer is on there. I single happy tear rolls down my face, and I smile.

***5 YEARS LATER***

"Come on Dreamer, photo time!" I exclaim. Dreamer hops in with the couple, who are standing in front of a sign that says, "Kangaroo Rescue Centre." Yep, that sign is mine. I now own a kangaroo rescue centre, where we rescue kangaroos and give them a home. We get lots of tourists coming in to feed the kangaroos and play with them. There are over 100 kangaroos here.

Skye is now 11. She helps out a lot after school here at the rescue centre. Everyone still loves Dreamer. He's the most beautiful, friendly kangaroo you could ever meet.