Chapter 2

August

"AUGUST! IF YOU DONT GET YO SKINNY ASS DOWN THESE STEPS." I heard mama yell.

I got up and walked down the stairs into the kitchen.

"Yes ma?"

"Don't 'Yes ma' me! How come there's no milk. I already poured my cereal. What am I supposed to do with this." Mom said pointing to the bowl.

I looked behind my mom and saw Mel, he was silently laughing and when he saw me staring at him he mouthed 'you didn't see me' and dramatically tip toes back into the living room.

I shook my head at his silliness and averted my attention back to mama.

"I'll just get you some more." I grabbed my keys. "I'll be back."

Naveah

"You know what would be dope?" Tamika asked on FaceTime.

"Hmm."

"We should have a sleepover just like the gold old days when we were younger."

I smiled. Tamika and I been bestfriends for 9 years. When were were younger we used to always have sleepovers. Like every other day.

"That'd me cool, I'll pick up some snacks and you get the movies."

She agreed and we hung up.

I decided to wear my Black and white 'tom boy' shirt with some blue jeans and taxi 12's.

I looked at myself in the mirror before grabbing my keys and leaving.

I arrived at Walgreens and parked. I walked inside and immediately went into the candy section. I was struggling to get the candy I wanted cause it was on the top shelf and I'm only 5'4.

I saw a tattooed arm reach up and grab the candy I wanted. I smiled instantly knowing who it was.

"We meet again." I smirked.

"Yep. Must be fate." He joked.

"Might be." I replied taking the candy.

"So, whatchu doin here?" I asked curiously.

"Uh, my mom need some milk, so, ya know."

He payed for his milk and I was going to pay for mine, when he gave the cashier extra money.

I know damn well, A jug of milk don't cost 5 dollars.

"Thank you August, but I could've payed."

"Yea you could've, but I wanted to." He cheesed.

I smile rolling my eyes playfully.

We both walked out the store. I was getting ready to leave when I felt a tug on my arm, causing me to turn around.

I landed right into August chest. He bent his head down and his lips met mine.

After a couple minutes of he broke the kiss.

"Now can I have your number?" He said smirking.

I unlocked my phone and gave it to him. He called his phone so he could have my number.

He looked at me, and shyly looked down.

"I'm um, sorry-"I cut him off, already knowing what he was going to say.

"Nah, don't be, it's all good August. I'll see you around." I smiled sweetly, then got in my car and drove off.

"And then he gone pay for the candy girl." I said to Tamika explaining what happened earlier.

"I wonder what he doin now." I said stuffing my face with popcorn.

Before Tamika could open her mouth to speak my phone went off. We looked at each other and and then back at the phone. Tamika nodded and I picked up my phone going through notifications.

Babydaddy😉😍: Hey, this is August.
Me: Babydaddy? Really?
Babydaddy😉😍: what? What I do?🙂
Me: you a fool. Anyway wyd?
Babydaddy😉😍: thinking bout you😘

"Whatchu smiling at?" Tamika said snatching my phone out my hand.

She looked through are messages and grinned.

"Ok, Veah? Get you some!" She gave my phone back.

I laughed at her and continued to text August.

Me: oh word?😏
Babydaddy😉😍: yea big head, hbu?
Me: eating. I stay hungry
Babydaddy😉😍: what you eating? I want some.
Me: these nuts😊
Babydaddy😉😍: .....you wrong asf for that.
Me: I'm changing your name
Aug💕: nooo, don't do that👋🏾.
Me: too late🙃
Aug💕: I'm bout to go to sleep so, I'll text you later Babygirl😘 gn

I put my phone up and started eating my popcorn again.

I look down at Tamika and she's sleep with her head on my lap.

I was getting tired to do I turned the tv off and slowly drifted off into a deep sleep.

Naveah (left) Tamika (right) in MM💕