Chapter 1

Excuse me, if I seem, a little unimpressed with this. An antisocial pessimist, but usually I don't mess with this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naveah

"Come on, please! You never go anywhere! As your best friend, it's my duty to break you out of your shell. Your 21 for crying out loud! You can drink, legally. You should want to get fucked up!"  Tamika said looking in my closet.

"You know that's not my thing. Plus, I'm fine with what I got on." I said standing up walking over to her.

I was wearing a grey crop top, with camouflage pants, and to top it off I wore Jordan's that matched my shirt.

She looked at me up and down and busted out laughing.

"You-you can't be serious right? You looked like you Finna go to the grocery store."

I rolled my eyes.

Not everyone wants to wear dresses and heels 24/7

"I'm not changing." I said with my arms crossed.

"Fine, lemme at least do your makeup."

I sighed.

"Please Naveah? Just this one time?" She pleaded.

"Fine hoe, make it quick."

She clapped her hands excitedly and went into the bathroom, seconds later she came out with 2 makeup bags.

After what seemed like forever, Tamika was finally finished.

"You look so beat girl, Yasss." She started dancing.

I looked at her confused.

"The fuck that mean?"

she stopped dancing and shook her head in pity.

"You got a LOT to learn." She sighed.

"Ayo ma, let me get them digits." I guy asked Seductively.

This was the 5th time someone has tried to spit game at me tonight. I was very annoyed. Very, Very annoyed.

"Nigga move the fuck on. I ain't nobody asked you to make yo self known." I said rolling my eyes.

He frowned and walked toward me, grabbing my wrist.

"Get off of me!"

"No bitch, you coming with me."

He tried to drag me upstairs, but someone blocked him from going any further.

"Aye didn't she tell you to leave ha' alone?"

I looked up at a tall, light skin figure. He had his hair in two buns and had tattoos all over. I also noticed he had a deep New Orleans accent.

He was also very attractive.

The man that was holding my wrist let go of me and pushed past me, causing me to fall to the ground.

"Are you alright?"

"Yea, I'm fine, thanks for your concern." I dusted my self off.

"My names August by the way, what's yours?"

We were now walking over to the bar. I wasn't planning on drinking though, however I did want to sit down.

"Naveah." I answered.

"Pretty name."

"Thanks.." I said not really knowing what to say.

He looked at me and chuckled.

"What's so funny?" I asked smiling. His laugh was contagious.

"This ain't yo type of thing?" He asked referring to the party.

"Damn, am I that readable. I came here with a friend, who is missing at the moment." I said looking around.

Just when August was about to speak, My attention switched over to a door opening. Two people walked out hand in hand. I squinted my eyes. The girl that came out last looks very familiar.

"Are you kidding me? Oh my god." I groaned and got out of my chair walking over to the pair. August jumped up and walked behind me.

"Tamika! The fuck is you doin? You have a boyfriend!"

She rolled her eyes.

"He ain't got to know." She turned around and started making out with the guy.

I sighed and grabbed Tamika by the back of her dress and dragged her out the club.

"What you do that for!"  She yelled, once I stuffed her in the car.

"We're going home."

"Cock-blocker." She rolled her eyes again.

"I should snitch on you. Old cheatin ass." I mumbled.

She sucked her teeth.

"It wasn't even that serious! All I did was give him head."

I shook my head.

I turned on the engine and before I drove off, I heard someone knock on my window.

"The hell?" I turned around to see August trying to get my attention.

I rolled down my windows, and looked at him.

"Can I get your number?"

"Your gonna have to try harder than that." I winked at him, and drove off.

Naveah (Nuh-vay-uh) in mm💕