CH. 28 Praeludium for you

Comincia dall'inizio

Uhm well, I guess this little surprise could be considered a celebration as well, but mostly it was to do something for Dima. Two weeks and half passed since that Saturday and it was clear he needed a break.

He had a lot in his mind recently, after all the things that happened with his brother and even if he said it wasn’t a big deal and it was fine, uhm, I knew he was still thinking about that and didn’t digest the whole situation completely. Boy, it sure wasn’t easy to do it and to be honest, whenever I went to their place I found my eyes observing Anatoly in the way he interacted with my tiger and I surprised myself in finding out I was terribly jealous. He had confessed of having feelings for his own twin brother and uhm well, sure that was something, but it did not shock me very much, because it wasn’t something impossible and uhm, it wasn’t a feeling he could control. He overreacted with the whole problem and instead of trusting the people he had around, Anatoly let fear had the best of him and the result had been a painful mess and disaster. When he told us about that teacher, oh boy, I felt such anger inside me, because I couldn’t believe someone that was supposed to be there and help could instead turn out in that horrible way. I wonder when and if he’ll ever say anything to Alex and River.

I shook my head and let go of everything, because it was pointless to over think about that; I had already digested everything and realized Anatoly didn’t scare me anymore, even though we still had a very bad and awkward relation. He kept calling me midget and chipmunk, and well, he had quite a hard and gruff personality and boy, he was completely different from Dima. But in the past days we managed to exchange few civil words, even if I think it was because that man was there. Uhm…I think Anatoly had a soft spot for that man, Oleg, but well, not sure about it. He didn’t show it, but it was there, in his behavior and way of looking at him. Anatoly however gave me the idea of someone that would never admit it or anyway that would never say it out aloud. As I said, quite a difficult and harsh personality.

Someone knocked at the door of my bedroom and when I said “come in”, my best friend surprised me.

“Hey cutie.” He smiled and I saw also Alex was there with him. Boy, they looked so good together and both were dressed perfectly.

“Travis, what a surprise!” I jumped up and we hugged each other giggling. “Hey Alex!” He winked and grinned and wondered what they were doing here. “Why are you here? I thought you had plans today.”

“We do, but you told me today that you needed to ask Alexi a couple of things and since I know it’s about Dima, I decided to come over now and see what’s about. I’m totally curious and I guess it’s about that surprise you have in mind, right?” I just stared at him blinking few times without saying anything. He was incredible. I then cracked a smile and nodded.

“Yep, Travis. It’s about Dima.”

“What about him, Jas? Everything ok?” Alex asked.

“Sure, sure.” We sat on my bed and I noticed how Travis sat between his boyfriend’s legs and how Alex closed his arms around. “Everything ok, thanks for asking.”

They were always quite the view together and I realized that after the news my best friend gave us about London, the two of them were now practically inseparable and spent every possible second together. I was going to miss him terribly, but I had no idea how much Alex would miss Travis…boy, I liked him even more, because he told Travis to pursue his dream and accept the offer to study in London. I knew that must have cost him terribly, but I also knew he loved Travis more than anything and anyone else.

“Hell cutie, spill the beans, I’m curious.” He brushed a strand of white hair aside and winked. “Do you have in mind something very peculiar and naughty?” Travis leaned forward and studied my blushing face. He was terrible.