Hide n' Seek || One (Not chapters)

Start from the beginning

"Sounds fair enough, but if I win you have to allow me to be your bodyguard without complaint. And for the record I am still an assassin"

"Sorry I wasn't sure after seeing your obvious success at killing your last target" she mocked with a smirk clearly spread across her face.

"You should consider yourself lucky I changed my mind" he replied with a grin of his own.

As the deal was struck Deathbringer closed his eyes and counted to thirty to make the game fair while Glory put silver down and quickly and silently spread her wings and took off while immediately camouflaging so not to give away where she was going.

Glory had a fairly good idea of where she should hide and flew as fast and far away as possible deep into the canopy. Once she felt she had flown deep enough she concealed herself within the branches of a tree, making sure she was comfortable as she was probably going to be stuck there for a while. When she found a good position she was careful to change her scales to the best camouflage she could manage, making sure she was completely invisible. For effect she even put a tree frog on one of her wings.

When Deathbringer finished counting, he causally turned around and launched himself into the air lazily headed east. Having been an assassin for quite a while he now had very acute senses. When Glory had taken off, though she barely made a sound he had felt the air move from her wing beats to his right telling him she was headed east. As Deathbringer flew further and further into the forest he landed on a branch to stop and try to figure out where Glory was hiding. He knew that until he was close enough relying on sight was pointless as she would be invisible to the untrained eye, and she wouldn't have left any tracks as she flew. With little options left he decided that following her scent would be the easiest option. Lifting his head into the air he breathed in deeply, after a few minutes a large smirk spread across his face. Launching into the air again he started to head deeper into the forest.

As he landed Deathbringer was confident of his win, now though he needed to find where EXACTLY Glory was. He also needed to be stealthy, if he could sneak up on her it would give him the element of surprise, makeing it easier for him to pin her. Slowly he looked around himself for anything that looked even slightly off, inspecting every leaf, branch and vine with a critical eye. Suddenly he heard a loud rustle of leaves and quickly spun around and attacked the point from which it came, only to find that whatever had been there was now long gone. Deathbringer knew it must have been Glory, frustrated he headed for water knowing that the Rainwing knew he had found her by following her scent. It was the only place he wouldn't be able to smell her...

Glory had been lying in her tree dosing until she thought she heard the subtle sound of wing beats. Carefully glancing up she was suddenly met with the sight of Deathbringer only a few feet below her hiding spot staring in her direction. She panicked, heart racing with the fear of the hunt and being caught. She really hoped her camouflage was good enough, and luckily it seemed to do the trick as he slowly turned his back to her. She waited a few moments and took her chance. As fast as a lightning strike she bolted from her hiding spot and headed for one of the rivers in the forest, she knew the only way he could have been on her trail so fast was if he had been tracking her by scent. If she went in the water it would mask her scent and hopefully throw him off. As she made her way to the river Glory decided much to her disappointment the best way to hide way to stay motionless IN the water "whelp, if I'm going to win this game I guess I'm going to have to get down and dirty... literally" she sighed slipping into the river.

The rest of the day continued with a similar pattern, Deathbringer would track down Glory and be mere feet away from finding her, before she slipped right through his claws. Glory was slippery he'd give her that and tried a number of tricks. Sometimes she would hide in the water or flower bushes to mask her scent, other times she would change into colours completely unlike her (bright pink like Jambu with yellow swirls) and simply walk through a crowd equally hidden. Sundown was coming fast however and as Glory felt more and more confident of her win, she started to become cheekier as she hid. When Deathbringer turned around she would silently fly circles around him poking his snout or his wing before speeding off. Deathbringer however decided to use this to his advantage, playing along as if it confused him. The third time she did this though he stuck faster and more agile than you would ever think to be possible immediately using her confusion to try to pin her down. While Glory may have miss judged her opponent she was still one to catch on fast. Just as he was about to pin her, the tables were turned as she flipped them so she was on top of him, or at least that was the plan until he pushed her back bringing them back to square one. However this time he was successful and had her pinned down with his claws on her wings, firmly enough to keep her down, but not enough to hurt her. And not a moment too soon as the sun dipped down under the horizon.

Glancing down Deathbringer couldn't help but chuckle. There beneath him was what almost looked to be a gorgeous Nightwing, her vivid eyes piercing him with their stare. Glory however had simply been trying very hard to keep her scales an angry swirl of blue-black to show her frustration.

"I know how much you admire us Nightwings and our good looks, but there's no need to try and imitate us" he said as he gave her his signature smirk. Confusion passed over her face before glancing down at herself her eyes widened as she realized what he had meant and quickly flashed them a scarlet red. Though not before he noticed some pink seep into her scales.

"As if I would want to be a stupid Nightwing. I've got plenty of them to babysit back at the village, which if we're done here I should be getting back to" cringing as she remembered she had abandoned her duties for the day.

"Or you could stay here and 'babysit' as you put, it this Nightwing and take the rest of the day off from being queen for once?"

"Hmmm" she faked thinking hard about the offer "babysitting no. Day off? Sounds good, but I should really check on how my friend's first day teaching at the school was" He simply nodded and let her up before gently resting one wing around her. Glancing at the wing she was about to make a snarky comment before she was cut off. "A-a-ah, the deal was I get to protect you without compliant, so shushers" he grinned. Sighing and fed up with the ridiculous Nightwing she let it slide and simply leaned against him as they walked toward a clearing before taking off towards the jade mountains. A contented smile finding its way to her face.