Chapter Thirty One

Start from the beginning

I walked toward her and she looked at me with pain in her eyes.

"What happened?" was all I could think of to say. Butch was the first to speak up.

"Jasmine's father stopped by to pay everyone a visit. As soon as I opened the door, he caught me off guard and used a taser on me. He shot Adam in the stomach when he jumped up off the couch and then went upstairs and shot Sean." he said as I put my hands into the pockets of my sweat pants.

"Well I'm confused, where is Jasmine?" I asked as Cassandra began crying again.

"The paramedics found her next to Adam passed out in a pool of blood." Butch said.

"Blood? What about the baby? Is the baby okay?" I asked feeling the tears form in my eyes.

"They say she suffered a massive amount of trauma to her stomach but we haven't had an update for hours." he said as I sat down.

"I saw everything. He just shot him like it was nothing. He even joked about it." I overheard Chase telling Sammie behind me.

"Has anyone talked with the police yet?" I asked looking behind me.

"Yeah, they just left." Sammie said as the doctor walked out from the back.

"Hello. I'm Dr. Neal. Are you the family of Jasmine Clark, Sean Johnson and Adam Alberts?" he asked as we all stood up.

"How are they?" Cassandra asked.

"I assume you are Jasmine's mother?" he asked as she nodded slowly.

"Jasmine is fine. She's asleep. We managed to stop the bleeding but we're going to keep her for a few days. The baby's heartbeat is very faint. There is a chance she may lose the baby, so we just want to monitor her and make sure that the baby is okay to survive or else we'll have to do a D&C." he said as Cassandra and I let out a sigh of relief.

"And Sean?" she asked as he turned a few papers in his notepad.

"He just came out of surgery. We pulled out the fragments of the bullet but we weren't able to get them all. He'll be staying a few days as well."

"Is Adam okay? I still haven't heard you say anything about my brother?!" Butch semi-yelled as the doctor looked down.

"Well, I'm afraid-" he began. I shook my head and silently prayed to God that he wasn't going to tell us that Adam had died.

"What? Is he gone?"

"We tried to do our best to help him. The bullet was lodged way too deep into his lung." Dr. Neal said as Butch's eyes began to water.

"Are you telling me he didn't make it? Enough with the bullshit!" he yelled punching the wall, making the doctor jump.

"He's alive but barely. He's been out ever since he arrived. We have him hooked up onto a breathing machine for now. But when the time comes, we'll have to take him off." Butch punched the wall again and screamed.

"Aghhhhhhhh!"

"He's lost a lot of blood and we've already given him a transfusion. We need to do at least 3 more before we can operate again and even then, the chances of him surviving are close to none. I'm sorry." Dr. Neal said as Butch broke down and began to full on cry. People that were sitting around us in the Emergency Room even had tears in their eyes. I never thought I would see a guy as huge as Butch, break down and cry like this. It hurt my heart. I went over to him and tried to think of something to say. I couldn't come up with anything except the usual 'Everything's gonna be alright' when in all actuality, I knew things wouldn't. Just as I opened my mouth to speak, a female calling out his name appeared as she made her way through the hospital doors and over to where we were.