Prologue

It was a cold November's day; a day that might've seemed normal. Everyone was busy today: mothers walking around the streets, whilst their young children ran in front.

Different smells from many cafés and restaurants filled the streets: sweet, savory or spicy aromas flowed elegantly as one through the air, getting rid of the foul smells from the petrol and gas that usually filled the atmosphere.

It was in fact a month before Christmas, since it was rarely this busy during late November in the town of (hometown). Some small businesses were already beginning to put up Christmas decorations outside their windows, lovely bright fairly lights decorated the windows, giving the image of the stars shining outside in the night's sky.

Apart from the fresh aromas from different diners, the musky and almost fruity smell of pine floated around in the air, giving the true feeling of Christmas being just around the corner.

But some people didn't exactly take time to take in the Christmas spirit. One in particular was actually dashing along the sidewalk, accidentally bumping into people occasionally, before hesitantly blurting out a quick 'sorry'.

The young woman's H/C H/L bounced with every step she took, the shoes she wore didn't help her get to her destination any faster, as she almost tripped a couple of times due to her own clumsiness.

The woman, Y/N L/N, was late, very late in meeting up with a close friend, and it didn't help at all that she had preoccupied her time in finding small gifts for her family and friends.

Y/N was a very shy, introverted 20 year old. With just finishing high school two years ago, she went to college for only part-time, since she could barely find time to spare for her free time.

She wasn't someone who enjoyed going out to parties or clubs, unlike some of her close friends, but instead spending her free afternoons or evenings reading a good novel, baking or knitting.

Y/N was a kind and loving person, that's what many of her friends described her as. She was also very intelligent, creative and had a bubbly personality when with small groups of her friends.

She clutched tightly onto her bags that held all of her presents, as she sped walked in a panic state towards her car. "I hope he doesn't kill me." She muttered to herself as she got in her car, chucking the presents in the back seat, before turning the engine on and driving off.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"The bloody hell is she?" Murmured the young man that waited just outside of the already busy coffee shop. He had looked down at his watch a couple of times to see just how late his friend was going to be, making him sigh heavily.

"S-Sorry I'm late!" He looked up, his bright green eyes spotting the wild hair of H/C rushing quickly towards him. Once his friend finally arrived just next to him, she took the time to finally catch her breathe.

"You're 10 minutes late Y/N." The man bluntly, his clear crisp British accent cutting the air to become more sour than Y/N expected it to of been.

"I-I... I know Arthur. I g-got caught in traffic." She breathed out heavily, the cold air drawing out her breathe in front of her. She met his eyes, keeping the eye contact as she continued, "I'm sorry."

Arthur saw the sincerity in her E/C eyes as he sighed heavily, letting out a brief chuckle. "I accept it love. Anyway, if you don't mind, I would like to get my arse inside before it freezes." Y/N giggled half-heartedly at her friend's honesty, since he was British and very sarcastic, she knew he didn't do it on purpose.

"Sure thing Artie." She linked arms with him as they entered the café, the small ding  indicating their presence.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~