Chapter 7~ Heroes

Start from the beginning

But to save the day arrived Lizzie who, upon seeing the obstacle, just raised a brow challengingly «We shift it.»

The Doctor gave her a glance over his shoulder and grinned «That's the attitude.» causing her to grin too. Then he turned to the others «Rickston, Mr Copper, and you, Bannakaffalatta...» he stopped, sighing «...look, can I just call you Banna? It's gonna save a lot of time.»

«No.» the little red man protested «Bannakaffalatta.»

«All right then, Bannakaffalatta, there's a gap in the middle.»

«D'you think you can get through?» Lizzie wondered.

Bannakaffalatta smiled at her «Easy. Good.» then he approached the gap, and squeezed his way through the opening. The ship suddenly lurched again, sending loose debris falling at the group.

«This whole thing could come crashing down any minute!» Rickston lamented.

Lizzie rolled her eyes and opened her mouth to say something, but «Oh, Rickston, I forgot.» the Doctor preceded her «Did you get our message?»

The man frowned «No. What message?»

«Shut up.»

Lizzie left out a silent chuckle, receiving a glare from the spoiled man but a grin and a wink from the Doctor, who then returned his attention back to the gap.

«Bannakaffalatta made it.» Bannakaffalatta shouted from the other side of the gap.

«I'm small enough, I can get through.» Lizzie spoke, stepping forward to the gap. She went to crouch and start crawling but was stopped by the Doctor.

«No, that's out of discussion.»

She stared at him «What? Why??»

«Because it's dangerous, Elizabeth, I'm not going to let you go through something that could–»

«Doctor, I'm 899 years old, I think I'm old enough to take care for myself.»

He glared at her. Causing her to sigh, as she placed her hands on his shoulder «Look, I'll be fine. Plus, it's not like it's the first time I'm doing something dangerous.»

He still looked unconvinced.

«I'll be fine, Doctor.» she said, her big blue eyes staring in his brown once, glistening when she smiled reassuringly at him. 

Staring at her for a moment longer, he sighed in defeat. He opened his mouth to say something but «Oh, how sweet. Now, if the two of you would please stop flirting and get us out of here?? Plus, I do think that we might just have bigger problems than your beloved companion getting a broken nail. For example, how Mr and Mrs Fatso are gonna get through this gap? Or how is my company going to survive if I'm not gonna–»

«Rickston.» Lizzie cut him off. She stepped closer to him so they were almost chest to chest, he gulping taking a tiny step back, as he stared down in the Time Lady's suddenly menacing eyes «Time Lords are a very rational and peaceful species.» she smiled «But if you don't shut that mouth, I'm gonna kill you. Slowly

Everything, even the noise of the broken ship seemed to go silent. Everyone stared at the brunette with wide eyes, the Doctor included, as Rickston just gulped.

«We clear?» Lizzie spoke, never tearing her eyes from the spoiled bastard and never backing down.

He, collecting the last crumbles of pride left in him, puffed his chest out and cleared his throat «Yes