Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Harry's POV

My anger melts away as my lips press against hers. I can taste her emotions almost, but she's doing her best to hide them. She's angry, she's always angry. I wish I could change that...

My thoughts are clouded as Karleigh's tongue runs along my bottom lip, and I grip her closer. Our breathing is heavy and I'm panting her name. Her fingers are lacing in my hair and with Karleigh this all feels new.

Karleigh breaks our kiss and rests her forehead against mine. When our breathing begins to slow, she speaks.

"Harry," she whispers and I stare into her eyes. "what problems?"

Fucking Travis had to go and open his damn mouth, I knew this would cause problems when I saw him at the damn gas station and Karleigh told me that he was her cousin.

"Problems? What are you--" I start, and Karleigh leans away from me. "Travis. He said something about your problems..." She insists and I debate on whether or not I should lie to her. Well I certainly can't tell her the truth, not yet.

"Uh, I don't know." I say, avoiding her deep blue eyes that are watching my every move. She shifts positions, moving slightly away from me and crosses her arms across her chest. I look over at her, and she doesn't look at me.

I reach out to her, but she subtly leans away. "What?" I ask and she shrugs.

"What Karleigh?" I ask again, and her head snaps to look at me, her eyes are cold and unforgiving.

"Nothing, but I don't know why we're bothering with this," she says waving her hand between the two of us. "if you're just going to lie to me constantly." Her voice is bitter and I hate when she gets like this.

"Don't look at me like that." My tone is calm. "Like what, Harry?" She demands,

"Like you don't want me to be here," I explain.

"Maybe I don't want you to be here Harry, did you ever think about that!" She's being unreasonably harsh right now.

"Then I'll go, so you can calm down." I say while climbing off of the bed and slipping on my shoes. Her eyes are glued to me again, and her cruel stare isn't letting up, she wants me to go.

"You should know that I wouldn't lie to you." I lie, for the second time today.

"You should know that I wouldn't hurt you." I correct myself.

"Which one is it?" She questions and I turn to look at her.

"Bye Karls, I'll come back when you aren't upset alright, text me." I try to be soothing.

My feet carry me to her bedroom door, and I know she's still watching me.

"Wait." Her voice cracks and I glance back at her from over my shoulder. She drops her eyes to the floor. "Don't leave, I don't know why I said that." She confesses. I don't make any movements, I just stare at her from the doorway.

"Harry, please. Come here." Her eyes are pleading with me and as if I we're hypnotized, I walk back to her.