Second Letter

Second Letter            

                                    I wake up at 5 in the morning. This is pretty unusual since I always wake up late. I get out of bed and look into the mirror, my face looks dishevelled, my eyes is red from lack of sleep, and all energy from the super energetic Ree Eaton was drained. I walk to the toilet to wash my face; the cold water seems to wake my senses, now I can hardly fall asleep. Thinking back yesterday seems like a dream, they are all untrue. Getting a D- in my favourite subject, being dumped by my girlfriend, getting a letter… the letter! I pick up my bag and dug into the left pocket, surely I found the crumpled piece of paper inside. I tried my times to dispose it, but my subtle curiosity with the sender keeps me from doing so. I had many girls fall for me before, but it’s the first time that I actually got a letter, a love letter from someone anonymous. I know I should be irritated, angry and even creep out that someone know a lot about me, even my break-up. I also know that this seems to be a work of a stalker. But of all people, she is the only one who understands me; she is the only one who noticed my pain when everyone just doesn’t seem to care.

                                    I read the letter one more time, thinking who would gave it to me? Is it a girl from my class?  The girl in my English class who keeps giving me stolen glances? Cara? The one, who confessed her admiration to me?

                                    When my head started to ache (probably due overthinking), I read the letter one more time then stuff it in the drawer of my bedside table.      

                                    I come to school earlier than I expected. The school is deserted and the only sign of life are the janitors hovering around with their dirty mops. I started towards my locker, playing with my car key, tossing it up and catching it.  Then I saw a girl run away from my locker. It looks like someone that I’ve never seen before; she has dark hair fix into a tight bun but I didn’t notice her other features. Could it be, the letter sender? I started to run towards her.

                               “Hey, wait !” , I called and run fast hoping to catch her. I was out of breath when I reached the devil’s lair (it’s a name the students made to call the corridor where the office of the principal and the faculty resides). I look around to see any sign of her but all that’s insight is an empty hallway and a messy trashcan, probably kicked out by one of the school delinquents. I lost her, for a girl as thin as that she is pretty fast. 

                                I was going back to my locker when I bump into something solid.

                                “Ouch!,” it said and a sound of falling books followed. I look down and saw a girl sitting uncomfortably, books scattered all over her. I hurriedly help her.

                                “I’m so sorry, I was walking backwards…and I didn’t see you. And I…”

                                “I’ts all right, I’m okay”, she said.

                                I was going to say more apologies when I look into her eyes and was dazzled. I’ve never seen someone with such deep brown eyes that looks like dark chocolate and long thick eyelashes. I can see that she wore no make-up but that’s all right, she didn’t need any. She has black hair, smooth olive skin and her cheeks blushed with the proximity of our faces. For a moment, I couldn’t speak but she breaks the silence and said.