The Mate

A picture of Hadley 

Chapter 1: The Mate

Sitting in English thinking about what she is going to do to night and where she was gonna go. Hadley new she couldn't just run through the woods like she normally would on full moon because of the threat of the new rouge pack that has moved in in the next territory over. And she refuses to lock herself in the den like the rest of the pack. Hadley is a tame wolfblood but she can't stand to lock herself away like the rest of the pack does. She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't even see the new kid walk into the room until the teacher asked for the classes attention. Instead of looking up she kept drawing in her notebook. She didn't want to look up to see what the new person looked like because she new he was a wolfblood just like her. She also knew he was a guy and she was 17 which meant that he could be here mate and she really didn't want that because if that was true that means that she would have to take her place as the Alpha female along side him, which she didn't want. So she thought it would be better to just stall for as long as she could.

“ My name is Rhydian”  the new kid introduced himself.

While he was telling people about himself she herd him say the dreaded words that she always hated to here since that day two months ago. He was from the Craver Mountains, which meant he was from the Wolf Runners Pack, the rouges. When she heard that she dared a glance up at him and he took that moment to look in her direction. When she looked into his eyes she new he was her mate, lucky for her was wasn't paying attention to her so he didn't notice which gave her time to come up with a plan to avoid him at all costs.

When he looked at her he knew there was something different about her. He could smell that she was a wolf, but he could tell there was something different about her. When she looked up and he looked in her eyes he got this weird feeling in his stomach and he looked a way real quick so that she wouldn't see him staring. He could just barley hear what the teacher said through his thoughts so he took a seat on the other side of the room.

Throughout the day Rhydian could not stop thinking about her. Walking into the cafeteria he felt someone bump his shoulder. When he looked up he saw that it was his best friend Tom. Tom was a wolf just like him but he was apart of the Midnight Pack, but that didn't matter to Rhydian but he never told his pack because he was afraid they would use his friendship to their own advantage.

“Hey,”

“Hey”

“So how is your first day of school?” Tom asked me.

“Good I guess.” I answered distractedly.

“What's up with you?”

“Nothing why?” I asked confused.

“Cause you sound distracted”

“Its nothing. I'm just trying to figure something out.”

“Can I ask you wha-”

“No” I cut him off quickly.