Chapter 2 The mask

The next morning, I awoke to hear my mother screaming and a loud bang from downstairs. I flung my door open and ran down the steps and into the kitchen. I immediately froze at what I saw. My mom was lying in the floor, motionless, and my dad held a gun in his hands. His sober eyes turned to look up at me, giving me the idea that he was drunk again. "MOM!" I yelled, running to her side. She lie on the floor, blood pooling from the gunshot wound in her head. I looked up at my dad to see him now aiming the gun at me. I felt my anger burst. I got up, and rushed him. I heard the gun go off but he missed me. I punched him, knocking him out. I grabbed one of the kitchen knifes and stabbed him repeatedly in the chest, over and over and over again. When I stopped, blood was all over me. I sat there for a moment, sitting over my dads dead corpse. I just stared at it, then I stood up, and walked out of the house, leaving the bodies. I walked into the woods, to the cabin, where I would always go when I was in need. This is where I would feel safe. Where the only other person in the world other than my mother cared about me. Slender. He said that he lived with a bunch of serial killers. I guess you could call me that since I just brutally murdered my father. Maybe he would let me live with him... I came into the house and sat on the bed. I heard the popping sound of slender teleporting, knowing he was here. He came into the room and looked at me. "V. What happend?" He asked in a worried voice. I always thought of him as the father I never had. "He killed her..." I said, my voice cracking, "He tried to kill me... I... I... I stabbed him in the chest... I... Liked it..." I felt like I was going to break down. This was my birthday, these things shouldn't happen on your birthday. He walked over and say next to me. I looked up at him, my eyes wide. "Child? Are you going to be alright?" He asked. I nodded, then I asked, "You said you lived in a mansion. Could I come live with you?" He was hesitant. "I already killed someone... So it's not that different..." I said, "Of course child." He said, sympathy lacing his voice. He grabbed my hand, and I knew he was going to teleport me. We ended up in what looked like an office, most likely his office. "There are people here you know? Killers." He said. I nodded and looked at him, "I know. You told me. I would like my identity unknown though." "What do you mean by that Violet?" He asked. I grabbed a knife off his desk and cut my hair short, then looked at him. "I don't want people to know I'm a girl." I said. It wouldn't be that hard. I was flat chested and could easily pass as a guy if I wanted to. He nodded in understanding as to why I would request this, "So be it. Would you like a mask?" He asked. I nodded and walked over to his desk to see a bunch of masks. I noticed a mask with a fake crack painted under the eye that looked like a lighning bolt, it was black. There was a white moon on the forhead, while the rest of the mask was blue. I pointed to it and he handed it to me and I put it on. "Thanks." I said, surprised at my voice. "No one has picked this mask before, it changes your voice." I nodded in response. "Where will I sleep?" I asked. "Sleep in my bed tonight, I'll imtroduce you to everyone else tomorrow. You deserve some rest after... That happened." I nodded and took the mask off. I fell onto the bed, putting the mask on the side table. Then I fell asleep, my mothers death replaying over and over in my head.