Chapter 1 - Closer and Closer

Third Person POV:

Hermione and Ginny sat in the Gryffindor Common Room, chatting excitedly.

"Oh Gin, he is SO into you!" Hermione exclaimed.
"Think so?" Ginny asked.
"I know so."

Hermione smiled widely at the redhead. She was like a sister to her. Ginny Weasley, along with her 6 brothers, had taken Harry and Hermione in over the summer holidays, that was why she had gotten so close to Ginny.

Suddenly, the door swung open and two identical boys came in. Fred and George Weasley. Now, Hermione had became really close with Fred over the holiday. When Ron hated her, Fred was always the shoulder to cry on. Or when she was sick, Fred was always there, by her side. As he walked passed her, he shot her a smile and ran up the stairs to the boys dormitories. But something was different... When Fred smiled at her, her stomach was filled with fireworks, kinda like that moment when your crush talks to you...

"Hermione? Hermione!" Ginny yelled, having Hermione snap back into reality.
"Oh, sorry... Daydreaming I guess."
"Don't tell me..." Ginny said, a smile growing across her face.
"Tell you what?"
"You fancy Fred! "

Hermione stayed silent, which was a terrible idea. Ginny started to dance around the room.

"What if- what if y'all get married? We could be sisters! And then y'all would have little smart redhead babies! AHH!" Ginny started squealing as she called for George.

"GEORGE GET YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE! ONLY GEORGE!"
"Ginny please-"
"Hermione, George would know if Fred fancies you back!"

Hermione had a pleading look on her face as George jumped down the stairs.

"Goodness what do you need?
"Tell me," Ginny said, her loud voice now into a soft whisper, "does Fred fancy anyone?"
"Yes. Now goodbye-"
"Wait! Tell us who it is!"

George gave her with a puzzled look.

"Now why would I tell you that, little sis?"

Ginny looked at me and I shrugged. "Nothing to lose," I said sadly.

"Hermione wants to know." Ginny said sternly. "Now tell us, or I'll write to Mum and tell her you've done something horrible. You'll get a howler for sure-"
"Oh hush it, wait..." George look at me with his mouth open and his eyes wide, as if he had just realized something. "You fancy Fred, don't you!"

Hermione looked down. Again, another poor decision.

"Ah ha!" George said in a high tone. "I knew it!"
He leaned in too where we could only hear him. "Well good timing, Granger, because I believe that my twin returns your feelings."

Ginny squealed even louder this time, making Fred come running down the stairs.

"Blimey Ginny I thought George hurt you..." He eyed the trio, all hunched in a circle. "What's goin' on?" He said, stretching out each word.

"Nothing of your business, Fredrick." Hermione said, grinning at Ginny.
"Oh, keeping secrets now are we?" He said, sliding into the seat beside Hermione, grinning his cheeky grin.

Fred put his arm over Hermione's shoulders, and as he did Ginny grinned at George and he returned the grin.

Suddenly, a look of fear took over Georges face. "Shoot!" I was supposed to meet Caroline 10 minutes ago!" He sprinted to the door and opened it. "see ya!"

George left left me, Fred and Ginny to wonder who Caroline is.

"Who's Caroline?" Hermione asked.

"Ah, George's girlfriend, didn't ya hear?" Fred said, wiggling his eyebrows. "See's her frequently now. Wish I could do the same..ya know, see someone and all..." He said, his gaze away from Hermione, his cheeks red. "Anyway, off I go." He stood up.

"Where to?" Ginny asked.
"Library."
"What?" Ginny said laughing, "My prankster brother, going to read? No way."

Fred smiled. "Well, I'm hoping she will be there too." He winked and walked away.

Hermione's cheeks flushed red as she turned to Ginny.

"What are you waiting for?" She practically yelled, "Go!"