Week 6 - CONTEST

Hello everyone! This week will be different from previous ones. For this week, we have a contest!  Participation is not mandatory, but it would be more fun if a larger number of members participated. And obviously, we'll have a prize for the winner!

Our love for writing and for reading is mutual, but we all know that they wouldn't be so amazing without the characters. What would be Gotham City without its Batman? Or Smallville without Clark Kent? What about Wakanda without Black Panther? A superstory needs supercharacters! And this is what this contest is about: Create your superhero character.

Before we pass to the form, let's talk about Rules, How this will work, Judges, Prize and Strikes

THE RULES

1-One entry per member, so you need to be a member to participate.

2- This week won't have the pairings assignment, but will count as a strike if you didn't complete the previous week and this new one as well. So, I highly recommend for the ones that didn't complete the previous week to complete on this one to remove the strike.

3- The superhero character must be a creation of your own. Even if you have an original superhero story, you can't use any of your characters. Needs to be a new one.

4- Your superhero character doesn't need to have superpowers or superstrengh, etc. Just need to be a superhero of any kind. Right now, villains aren't allowed.

5- Your superhero character can be a part of fictional organizations/teams like S.H.I.E.L.D, Task Force X, A.R.G.U.S., Winter Guard, etc.

HOW WILL THIS WORK

For the next two weeks, there won't be any pairing assignments. On this week, we'll have the contest and on the next one, the winner will have his/her book highlighted (will explain this later).  To participate it's pretty easy: Complete the form and comment it on the comment part. If you have any doubt, send a PM. 

You'll be evaluated on creativity, coherence between the facts (about your character) and one surprise element decided by us.

THE JUDGES

Our team is composed by three admins: Me (MariaFA), AlphaOmega (thegreatcycle) and Seph (burningmatches). We won't be part of the competition.

PRIZE

There will be only three winners

1st place: Highlight for the next week*, a free Cover (made by MariaFA) and a shout out (on this account)

2nd place: A free Cover (made by MariaFA) and a shout out (on this account)

3rd place: A shout out (on this account)

*Highlight for the next week = On the following week we'll only have one book and everyone will have to read and comment at least 2 chapters (excluding the prologue) of the highlighted book.  

STRIKES

Even if you have a strike, you can still join the contest. I highly recommend you to use this week to complete, as we won't have pairings. I would also like to remind you who has strikes:

Holly (That_One_Wookiee) - 1

Noemi (unpuns) - 1 (WEEK 5)

_Wanda_Maximoff_ (_Wanda_Maximoff_) - 1 (WEEK 5)

Seph (burningmatches) - 1 (WEEK 5)

Liz (Capsicle_irl) - 1 (WEEK 5)

FORM

Name:

Age:

Nationality:

Actor (or not) picture's link:

He/She is recently living on:

Personality:

Power (if he/she has any type of power):

Job (If he/she doesn't have any type of power):

Background story (detailed):

Anything else:

NOTE: If you have any doubt or question about the form, feel free to PM us

DEADLINE to submit your entry: July 21st 11:59PM (GMT + 01:00 Time - British Summer Time)

We'll be posting the results by 25-26th of July

And don't forget to have fun and join the contest. The success of this competition will decide whether there will be more or not.