3%

"Been awhile ain't it Veronica?"
Jason spoke huskily, nudging his young victim toward an old beaten up I'roc.
Veronica remained quiet. Anything she would've said could've been taken the wrong way-and there was a lot of things she was fighting the urge to spit out.
Sawyer also had a lot of questions gnawing at her as well though like;

'Didn't you die?'
'Why are you just greeting me now if you've been alive all this time?'
'More importantly where are you taking me?'

The list goes on.

Jason coughed into his sleeve and squinted at the sky as he proceeded to walk Veronica towards the vehicle. He watched her hands cautiously as he pulled open the passenger door and gripped her right shoulder, forcing her to duck down and slip into her assigned seat. Veronica rolled her eyes and mumbled in annoyance, J.D. Let it slide for the time being and shut the door firmly before making his way over to the drivers side and making himself comfortable.
About as quickly as J.D. Shut his own door Veronica had pulled out the silver pistol from God knows where and locked her aim on J.D's side profile.

Jason Dean didn't glance over, instead, he chuckled and rubbed his nose with his thumb, taking note that Veronica's arms were shaking and her fingers were turning white. "God Veronica, what are you gonna do, shoot me?"

"If it'll get you away from me, hell yea."
Her voice rattled just as much.

Jason whipped his head to glare at her which caused her to jump slightly and almost lose hold of the weapon.
He used this to his advantage and gripped her wrist, grinding his teeth and yanked her forwards. "Yea? and what are you gonna do about it afterwards, call it another suicide?" Jason laughed and bit his lip, raising an eyebrow

"Tell them the dead guy came back- and you shot him cause he was a murderer and you know this because you helped him murder all your enemies?" J.D. chuckled and shook his head, combing his fingers through his hair and releasing Veronica's wrist from his clutch.

Veronica frowned and slumped down in her seat, rubbing her wrist softly and and furrowed her brows at the sight of feeble red marks left on her pale skin.
"They were my friends... and you never answered my question" she muttered, finding herself in the passenger door mirror.

"Same difference, and like I said; I came by to pop ya a visit that's all" Jason grinned and started the ignition, backing up and making a U-turn out of the gas station's parking lot.

Veronica tilted her head back and took deep breaths as Jason drove away and down a back road. "C'mon, don't stress. You'll ruin the fun" J.D. cooed as he analyzed Veronica's situation.
"That's why you weren't haunting me!" Veronica popped her head up and watched the yellow lines disappear and reappear along the center of the road "-because you didn't die, but Heather, Ram and Kurt - God, fuck! I knew something was off- I'm always right." Veronica groaned, punching her leg and resting her hands over her face.
"Relax Ronnie" Jason attempted to comfort her with a nervous tone to his words.

A couple moments later Jason Dean was forced to pull over onto the side of the road due to Veronica's tendency to hyperventilate - which before the fact she had hidden the impulse very well any other time. The pair sat on the side of the road, Veronica with her knees pulled to her chest- confused as to why J.D. bothered to pull over for her and rather upset that her anxiety had grown to gain this much control.

Jason Dean sat next to her with his legs crossed, fumbling with his fingers and asking himself why he had bothered to pull over as well. He also worried about why his heart pounded and palms became sweaty as the sight of a helpless and frightened Veronica Sawyer and how he had felt genuine pity and concern for the freshly graduated woman.

On one end of the spectrum; J.D. felt disgusting- and not quite like himself, but on the other end, the young man felt like he was genuinely alive, and warmth flooded his veins.
Jason Dean was pulled from his thoughts at the sound of Veronica throwing up next to him. Thankfully,
she'd had the decency to turn away and the raven haired boy was instead greeted by a nice pair of legs that he forgot he'd missed so much.

The 19 and 18 year old finally pulled themselves from the asphalt and crawled back into the car- of course Veronica, not so willingly. Jason had had to use a bit more force than he'd preferred, but she eventually obliged and that was enough. Jason drove for awhile, every so often trying to start a conversation and receiving glares or profanities, so he stopped and they were stuck in a deafening silence until Veronica spoke.

"Why'd you pull over?"
Jason responded;
"Why'd you get back in so easily?"