Chapter 9~ Be Careful What You Wish For

Start from the beginning

He lunged at me with his sword and I sidestepped him, seeing his flaws instantly. I knew Bart and the way that he fought.

He was too easy.

This would be over shortly.

"Better hurry up," I taunted, "You're getting old Barty. Old and slow."

He roared at me and attacked again. I parried his attack and took a defensive stance. Bart was an old opponent, one that I had watched fight more times than I could care to count. He was strong but he had no stamina. He burned out quickly and then he was a sitting duck.

I blocked and dodged all of his attacks and as I suspected, they began to weaken. This angered him even more.

"Fight me you little rat!" he snarled and took another swipe at me.

I dodged his attack, "You call this fighting?"

I kept blocking but as I did, I tripped and he got his shot in. He punched me square in the face. I flew backwards and landed on a discarded basket that splintered underneath my weight. Pieces of wood jabbed into my back. My teeth were vibrating from the impact.

The old man had learned some new tricks. I wanted to slap myself, Rule number one! Never get cocky during a fight!

He chuckled, "Doesn't this bring back memories?"

Then he put a foot on top of me, pushing the splinters farther into my skin. Bart smirked as I grunted with pain.

"I'm going to tell you a story Jill," he hissed and he lifted his sword into the air, "It's about a little girl who found her way onto a Pirate ship, someplace she never belonged, and how I sliced her heart out and then killed all of her precious Lost Boys."

This was it.

El fin.

The end.

Adios.

Goodbye.

I was done.

I was going to die.

I thought of the boys, all ten of their faces flashed through my mind. I though of Peter and all of the things that I wish that I had said and lastly, I thought of Vinny and how I wished that he was there with me.

What happened next, I seriously didn't see coming. There was a blur of brown and blond and suddenly I opened my eyes to find Bart pinned to the ground by a very angry Vinny.

"Tell the boys to look away," he called to me, putting one hand under Bart's chin and the other firmly on top o his head.

"BOYS!" I yelled and they turned around. I turned the other way as I heard a series of stomach-twisting snaps as Vinny broke his neck.

I felt sick all over again and my mind was racing as I went over the facts in my head. I was still alive. Vinny was here. He just saved my life.

He ran over to me and picked me up in his arms like he'd done so many times before. He stroked my hair and wiped away some of the blood from my face.

"Jill?" he whispered, tears of joy raining down his cheeks.

"Vinny," I breathed a sigh of relief.

I was safe.

I was alive.

Vinny was here.

Then everything went black.

Vinny's POV

Jill was alive.

My heart started racing.

I saw her beautiful face from across the Indian camp. She looked so different from the last time I saw her. She was in a deer-skin dress and with the feather in her hair. She seemed stronger too, like she had grown up a little.

Then I saw Bart attack her and I felt instantly enraged. He was in it for her this time and he wasn't going to walk away from it. 

Their blades rang out across the camp over the chaos as they circled each other, singing like deadly bells as they stung the open air. Jill's swordsmanship had improved tremendously. She fought low like an Indian, stepping lightly on the balls of her feet and keeping her center of gravity perfectly in line at all times. It was beautiful.

I tried to run to her but an Indian got in my way. I shoved him away but he grabbed me. I fought him off and looked back just in time to see Bart punch her in the face so hard that she flew back and slammed to the ground.

I felt time slow as she slammed to the ground, a look of pain flashing across her face. That's when something snapped inside of me. My insides burned with fury and raw anger as I dashed at him. He raised his sword to kill her but I got to him first.

I tackled him to the ground and had him immobilised in a matter of seconds.

"Tell the boys to look away!" I yelled.

"BOYS!" she screamed.

Then I fIicked my wrist and I heard a crunch as I snapped his neck and he stopped moving from beneath me.

I ran to Jill and scooped her up into my arms like I had done so many times before. She seemed so small in my arms, so frail and delicate.

"Jill," I whispered, tears cascading from my eyes like a waterfall as I wiped some blood off of her face.

"Vinny," she whispered back and then she fainted.

I cradled her in my arms and sobbed with joy knowing that she was alive and that I had her in my arms once again. I stroked her face and hair and I held her close, feeling her heartbeat against mine.

I never wanted that moment to end, but that's not for me to decide. The Indians ascended on me in a matter of minutes.

"Pirate!" yelled one.

"Get him!" yelled another.

"He has Red-Handed Jill!"

"Someone get Eagle Flies Peter!"

I fought back at them as they grabbed my arms.

"No!" I screamed, "Get away! Jill! No!"

They yanked Jill away from me and held her until a boy came to fetch her. He had wavy, dirty bond hair and he wore clothing that was made out of leaves.

Peter Pan.

They were handing Jill over to Peter Pan! Our sworn enemy!

I watched in horror as he picked her up in his arms and she snuggled into his chest. I wanted to die. If that wasn't painful enough, they beat me until I was black and blue and purple all over before tying me to one of the trees.

Every muscle in my body throbbed in protest as I hung limp against the tree trunk. My clothing was in tatters and were covered in blood, both new and old. I felt like my heart and my body was broken beyond repair. I wanted to just curl up in a ball on the ground and give in to the pain all over my body, to just fall asleep, try to escape to some other world, but I didn't. I refused to give in to them, not when I had someone worth fighting for. They could beat me all they wanted, they could bind me and bash me, but they couldn't break me. Not now, not tomorrow, and not ever in a million years.

Jill was alive. Nothing else mattered to me anymore. She was all I needed.

______________________^o^______________________________

Hello All!

A big welcome back to Vinny!!! Woohooo!! Man, even I missed him!! I will be adding more of the backstory of why he was there in a later chapter so if you're a little confuzzled, don't worry!! I will all be cleared up in the next couple of chapters.

Thanks so much for reading. You people are amazing and I never thought that my books would get this much attention!! please don't forget to vote and comment if you liked it!!!

Your fellow reader and writer,

Laura :D

P.S. Merry Christmas/Happy New Year/Happy Holidays to all!!!!!! <3