001 ; bulbasaur

cheryl pov

"c'mon, that growlithe has got to be around here somewhere..."

i aimlessly walk around the empty park field, truly frustrated. the lagging of my phone and my somewhat weak signal is not helping the situation any better. looking at my phone, i'm trying to head the direction of the pokemon.

but as soon as i take a few steps, it's gone. like as in disappeared from the map. the fuck?

"either someone is nearby and has caught it, or my phone's lagging and it's escaped,"

i am pissed. absolutely pissed.

cause you see, i've spent the last frugal hours of sunlight in this park, trying to find me these virtual creatures, only to have them vanish from me.

it is about ten minutes 'til twelve am, and i am just about to give in.

"ugh, why don't any rare pokemon ever show up-"

i shake my phone in my hand while i complain, like i always do- but something seems to come out of this?

i glance at my phone to see a flashing on my map, that seems to display- a mew?

"hoLY SHIT, IS THAT REALLY A MEW? OHMYGOODNESS,"

wide-eyed, i scream at my phone.

being cautious, i walk towards the direction of the pokemon, hoping to god above that it does not flee from its spot.

when the mew was finally in sight on my screen, i couldn't help but feel heart-eye emoji beCAUSE HOLY CRAP IT'S A LEGENDARY POKEMON??? AM I NOT THE MOST LUCKY PERSON ON THE PLANET RIGHT NOW???

OH GOD LOOK HOW CUTE IT IS FLOATING THERE- SPARKLES, SPARKLES EVERYWHERE.

apparently, it was right next to the tree on my left. cautiously, i walk towards it, only to reveal more than just a pokemon.

some tall, skinny-ass asian boy, hood up, squinting at his phone just like me- lookin' like he just about ready to catch mew.

how fuckin dare you,,

"AYE BOY THAT'S MY POKEMON, STAY AWAY,"

i yell at him for his attention.

the boy's face shoots up and he looks at me, furrowing his eyes, only for them to dissipate as he says,

"yooooo what's up homie? did you say pokemon? nah man i'm just chillin out here..."

haha what the fuck, he sounds like he's high- and that he also has a stuffed nose ?? what????

i have literally no time for this i swear to god i just need to...

he fumbles with his hood and tries to play cool, phone still, it's aimed at mew.

"cut the crap, this is my pokemon, i found it first!"

i yell at him in defense. the boy's eyes flick to me before back at his phone. i notice him smirking a little.

the fucker-

without further ado, i focus on the screen and throw a poke ball.

it hit mew, and disappeared into the item.

c'mon, c'mon...

one...
two.....

and a second later, a small banner in red, and words contrasting in white appear at the top.

** error, that pokemon belongs to trainer 'ricegum,'
you can't capture a pokemon that's owned already. **

well fuck...

"ha, little too late fam, yikes"

----------------------------------------------------

whoo this was kinda fun to write ?? i tried my best to be funny ok ,, and before anyone says- yes,

i know that pokemon go doesn't work like that: how only one person can catch a pokemon. but for the sake of this story- that's how it is so yeah

stay tuned! -abby