fourteen

tyler wasn't excited. he was beyond excited. he was finally going to meet the person that he has fallen in love with. yes, fallen in love. he doesn't care if it's a stranger. this stranger has cared more about him than anyone has.

tyler watched the clock tick as his class was coming to an end. two minutes.

"mr. joseph." the teacher's voice snapped his attention back to class.

"uh, y-yeah?" tyler stutters.

"pay attention. class will be let out in one minute. there's no need to stare at the clock."

one minute.

"yes. sorry, sir," tyler murmurs. the teacher turned back to the board and tyler looked back at the clock. like tyler was going to pay attention.

thirty seconds.

"dude," tyler's friend, matty whispers, "mr. edwards is gonna yell at you if you don't pay attention."

"you think i care?" tyler snaps, "there's a like fifteen seconds left anyways." matty nods in agreement.

ten. nine. eight. seven. six. five. four. three. two. one.

the bell rings and tyler jumps out of his seat and practically runs out of the class. the hallway starts to fill with hungry students. tyler walks to the gym, considering it's the only way to get to the hill.

he's nervous. he's beyond nervous. he doesn't know who this jd is. what if it's a prank? oh god, tyler would be so heartbroken. he's fallen in love with this mystery person

tyler finally reaches the door in the gym and immediately opens it. he walks towards the hill but stops when he sees familiar red hair.

is he back? no, he can't be. tyler thinks.

tyler breathes in and out before continuing to walk up the hill. he taps the boy on the shoulder and he turns around.

"tyler," he says.

tyler puts his hands on his mouth and he begins tearing up.

he's back. josh is back.

josh wraps his arms around tyler, pulling him into a hug. tyler follows his actions.

"y-you're back," he mumbles into josh's shoulder. "you're actually h-here."

josh pulls away, putting his hands on tyler's cheeks. he wipes away the tears with his thumb and kisses tyler. it wasn't long, it was a short yet passionate kiss.

"yeah, baby." josh smiles. "i am back."

the two sit down. "why'd you leave?" tyler asks. he needed answers.

"you know i was having a hard time, ty. i had to leave this goddamn town and clear my head. but shit, it was harder without you."

tyler doesn't say anything. he just hugs josh again. "i missed you."

"i missed you too, ty," the red haired boy says, hugging back.

"don't leave," tyler says. "the pain i was put through was just...just please don't leave, josh."

"i won't. i won't leave, baby," josh states. "i'm so in love with you, tyler joseph."

"and i'm so in love with you, josh dun.

// the end //