19. Forget, Don't Forgive

Start from the beginning

"It won't be," he says reassuringly. "Tay knows how important this match is. I'm sure she can put it all aside."

*~*

Harry couldn't have been more wrong. On the final day before the Quidditch Final, in our final practice session, Taylor couldn't possibly be acting more immature.

While Wood gives us another run down of our game plan, Taylor stands as far away from me as possible, and continuously sends me dirty stares. She doesn't speak a word to me as she, Katie and I begin practicing our moves, instead she speaks exclusively to Katie, sometimes talking over or around me just ask Katie stupid questions.

But it's when we begin doing drills that she really begins to get on my nerves, her little vendetta getting way out of hand. We begin with Katie and Taylor playing as a team, while I play as the opposition trying to stop them from getting a goal. Oliver, of course, plays as Keeper.

When I try to steal the Quaffle from Taylor she physically reaches forward and shoves my chest, as if to push me off my broom completely. Managing to regain my balance, I watch as Oliver blocks Taylor's shot, feeling rage bubble up inside me.

I shake it off, not wanting to ruin our last practice. We switch around and Katie and I now play as a team and Taylor as our opposition. Similarly, when Tay tries to steal the Quaffle off me, she smashes into me in what seems to be another feeble attempt of injuring me. I did, however, manage to score and I feel a very petty feeling of victory, simply because Taylor did not.

When we switch around for the final time, with Taylor and I playing as a team. I begin with the Quaffle with an uneasy feeling in my stomach, and when Wood blows the whistle, signally the beginning of the round, my worries multiply.

I swerve left around Katie before throwing the Quaffle to Taylor. She catches it and Katie begins to mark her, relentlessly trying to snatch the Quaffle away from her.

"TAYLOR!" I shout. "PASS IT TO ME!"

Among the fight between her and Katie, she manages a scowl in my direction.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? PASS IT TO ME!"

She begins to fly in circles in an attempt to get away from Katie, persistent to keep the Quaffle away from me.

"PASS IT TO HAYLEE!" I hear Katie exclaim.

Finally, Katie steals the Quaffle. Entirely done with Taylor's little games, I fly to the ground, dismounting my broom furiously.

Above me I hear Wood's shrill whistle. "Everyone on the ground, now!" He roars. One by one, the rest of the team join us, but Wood is staring only at Taylor and I.

"What the bloody hell is going on here?" He says sharply, almost shaking with rage.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Taylor says coldly.

"What was that up there?" Wood presses, waving his hands around. "Saunters, you almost knocked Haylee off her broom twice, and then you refused to pass to her."

Taylor gives a dry laugh. "Of course it's my fault! Because perfect little Haylee can never do anything wrong."

"You're the one who's acting like a baby, Taylor!" I snap back. "I apologized a hundred times, what more can I do?"

"You can go back in time and not stab me in the back!"

"You can be mad at me, but don't put the game at risk!"

"I'm not playing on the same team as her!" Taylor yells.

"Well I refuse to play on the same team as her!" I shout back, turning to face Oliver.