"I want them all here before us." Caius growled out. "I want them on their knees begging for forgiveness as we begin a slow and painful torture."

"We will not put her through anymore pain, brother." Marcus said, once he calmed himself. "Even if they are executed, do you really think she would forgive us for leaving her grandmother alone?"

"Better her to be alone then have to deal with those despicable excuses for human beings again."

"One boy must not be harmed, dear brothers..."

Both vampires turned to the other, looks of confusion on their faces.

"What boy?"

"There was a boy in her thought, one who has always looked out for her. Ashton, is his name... Maybe he will be assigned as her personal guard... He feels like he may have some sort of power in him..."

"The name on Candace's bracelet?"

Aro side glanced at the snow blonde. "Bracelet?"

"On her wrist was a metal bracelet with this 'Ashton' on it and a phone number. He was the only one, I assumed it was her father."

"No it is the boy she thinks to be her brother. Her grandmother has sent him to watch over her."

"Then why wasn't he today?"

"She told him to go have fun, though, he was weary himself."

"Then let us find this boy and bring him here."

"A tempo debito, fratello."(In due time, brother.) he sighed. "For now we must feed before we go any closer to our mate. Heidi..."

As Candace finished her story, the room was deadly silent. She almost thought they had left, if it wasn't for the murderous vibe coming from all over the room. She froze when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her. She responded and placed her hands on the persons head, and felt their hair was in a bun.

"For centuries we have been known as monsters..." Jane whispered into her neck. "That whole time, I began to believe it, but hearing this..." She growled. "I will not let those scuse sporchi per gli esseri umani si danneggiano ancora una volta, madre ..."(filthy excuses for human beings harm you again, mother...) she began to speak in Italian without realizing it, and without realizing she called the new vampire Queen 'mother'.

"I will protect you as well, mother-" Alec caught himself. "I-I mean, ma'am..."

"You may call me what you wish, children... Jane, Alec..." She smiled and hugged the small vampire child to her chest. "If I were able to have children, I would want them to be just like you..."

Felix and Demetri tensed and growled.

"If the lady permits it..." Demetri started.

"We will stand by your side for the rest of eternity." Felix finished.

Candace was crying by this point. Never in her lifetime had she had so many people caring for her. Sure she had her grandmother and then there was Ashton, but these people, these vampires, barely knew her a day and they were already calling her mother, sister, lover... This was her home, she realized now why she felt so compelled to come to Italy. Why she always dreamed of Italy. It was to find her real family. She didn't realize the tears were pouring down her face until she felt her glasses be lifted away and a soft cloth wipe them away.

"A Queen should never cry tears of anguish." She heard Felix say. "The only time a Queen shall cry is if it is of happiness."

She laughed. "I am happy, so happy..." She wiped more tears that began to fall. "This is the happiest I have been in a long time..."