You slowly peeked from your mother's leg, the nurse and your mother looked down at you with badly concealed smiles. You saw that the doctor looked really sad! So you decided to come out.

The doctor clapped and jumped with joy when he saw you reveal yourself.

"Zhere she is! Mein new freund! How do jou do??"

He held out a big hand to shake yours, and you laughed.

"Oh vhat a nice laugh! Hallo again (Y/n), mein name is Doktor Joseph Heilburg! It's very nice to meet jou!"

You nodded shyly.

"Now zhat ve haff been introduced, I need to ask a few questions, and run a few tests! Vill jou be ok vith zhat?"

You gave a small fearful look, and looked up to your mother and nurse, and they returned a warm smile, nodding.

"Ok.."

The doctor beamed.

"Great! Now look at zhis (y/n)!"

He pulled out a toy squeaking hammer. You looked up at the silly thing and giggled again.

"I am going to test jour reflexes! Just sit right zhere, yes! Just like zhat, and I vill lightly hit jour knees! Let's test jour reflexes ja?"

He tapped your knees lightly with the hammer and you laughed everytime it squeaked.

"Gute! Jou haff execelent reflexes! Now, onto zhe next test.."

He made the examination extremely interesting for you. Dr. Heilburg peered in your mouth using a popsicle stick, (saying that it was invisible ice cream) and tapped your stomach, and ran all sorts of tests.

30 minutes had passed, and the tests were almost at an end, when...

"Alright (Y/n)! Jou look very healthy! Jou're ready to go... right after zhis..!"

The nurse came in with a tray of two shots. You shivered just at the sight of them.

Seeing this, Dr. Heilburg smiled warmly.

"It's ok (Y/n)! Shots are nothing to be afraid of!"

You cuddled up against your mother.

"Now let's see... vhat about zhis?"

The doctor pinched your legs with a white wet cotton, and made a clicking sound with his mouth.

"Did zhat hurt?"

You carefully thought about what he said, and shook your head.

The doctor smiled and he switched his hands, and a sudden pinch was felt again as he clicked his tongue.

"Oh! How about zhat?"

You shook your head.

Dr. Heilburg smiled warmly at you again.

"Vell! Zhat's it! Jour shots are done!"

You looked up in bewilderment and looked around. The nurse, your mother and the doctor all laughed at your surprised look.

"Now how about ve choose jour band aids ja?"

+++

The nurse led you out to choose some band aids while your mother stayed to hear the results from Dr. Heilburg.

"Jour daughter is very healthy! Zhere's nothing to vorry about, or anyzhing more to comment on zhe matter. Now, she needs to take a new shot in February, please come back zhen!"

Your mother gave a smile.

"Thank you so much doctor! (Y/n)'s been crying all the way here.. now she won't be so scared of doctors anymore!"

The German chuckled.

"It vas my pleasure!"

Your mother laughed.

"You're very good with children! Surely you must have some of your own!"

Dr. Heilburg gave a small sad smile.

"Ah yes.. mein daughter vas very cute..."

"Was...?"

Just then, you burst into the room and giggled at your mother.

"Mom! Look! I got spongebob bandaids!"

+++

A few days had passed, and the German doctor sat alone at his table, slowly drinking his cup of coffee as he read the newspaper.

It was his first time off in a long time, but he really didn't know what to do with his free time. He ended up cleaning his house.

Slowly washing the dust off of his picture frames, he smiled as he picked up a picture frame of his old family picture of his wife and his daughter before they had passed.

He chuckled at the fond memories he had shared with them, and was about to keep cleaning when a sudden knock was heard on his door.

"Hallo?"

He opened the door and the mailman looked up beaming.

"Hello doctor! Nice to see you again. You got some mail! Most of them are junk though"

Jospeh laughed, when the mailman handed him a colorful envelope.

"Well, the others are junk but it seems like you got another patient who wants to thank you!"

With a tip of his hat, the mailman went on his way as Joseph looked at the envelope.

To. Docter HeilbuG☆
♡♤☆♡☆♧
♧FrOm (Y/n)♧

He gave a warm laugh at the clumsily written envelope, and brought it inside.

Joseph sat down at his table and opened the letter that was sealed with a pink barbie sticker and some glitter goo.

Helo docter! I'm (y/N) from last TueSday. I reAlly thsink docters are fun now! And cOol! ☆☆☆ I waNt to geow up Too be a NicE docter liek yOu! thanks you!!

From (Y/n)♧♡♧♡☆♤

Looking on the back, he saw that he drew a picture of you and him laughing in his office with the nurse and your mother.

Joseph smiled at your letter. Slowly getting up, he got an empty picture frame and framed your letter, placing it right next to his old family picture.