Chapter 2

Espen's POV

I wish.. that every Pokemon just got along... like old times. This generation is so different, then from what I heard from my deceased grandfather.

"Espen." My mother's guard walks to me.

"Yes?" I say keeping my attention to the dummy I was practicing on.

"Your mother wishes to see you." He speaks up.

"Tell her that I am busy." I continue to attack the dummy.

"B-but prin-"

"You are getting better at fighting." The guard gets interrupted by my father's voice.

"Dad!" I run up to him and give him a hug.

"I thought you were not supposed to be back till tomorrow evening. Weren't you meeting with the Jolteon's?" I back away from the hug.

"Yeah, yeah. But, they are quite boring to say the least. I do not understand why your mother just doesn't have you marry another Espeon like her and I." He grunts.

"But father.. I would like to choose who I marry." I look down. I feel his head on the back of my neck.

"Haha, so naive. Just like me when I was your age." He lifts his head, as do I.

"Really?" I ask. He nods.

"Believe it or not.. I was in love with your mother the moment I saw her. And I was not royal, whatsoever." He laughs.

"Really? Then how'd you marry her?"

"I worked my way up to the top."

"Wha-"

"Uhm, sorry to interrupt king, but the queen asked for the princess." The guard interrupted.

"Okay, okay. Go on Espen. I know your mother can.. have issues on being patient." He smiled.

"Yeah. I will see you at dinner then." I wave him off and head to my mother.

"ESPEN! My lord! You just never try do you?!" My mom hissed.

"What do you mean?" I asked, quite frightened.

"Listen Espen, if you want to- you have to become a queen someday and fighting, and playing around is not something a proper royal would do!"

"But dad's fine with it." I grumble to myself.

"What was that?!" Crap, I think she heard me..

"Your father is immature and not at all like you young lady!" The room echoed her loud voice, after that everything and everyone just seemed to go quite.

"What did you summon me here for, mother." I try to keep from making eye contact with her. She sighed.

"I heard your father came back today.." she tried to avoid the question.

"Yes. He did. And he will be joining us for dinner. You can talk to him when he gets here." I turn and begin to walk away.

"Espen. Did you study?"

"Y-yes..?"

"Go to your room, and study! You have a test in three days!" She angrily screamed.

"Ugh, okay. But, lets make a deal. If I study.. and pass! I can.. I will be able to go out and travel twice a week!" Good negotiation!

"No!" She snapped back.

"Fine then, I wont study or pass the test on purpose."

"Ugh.. fine!" She rolled her eyes at me.