2

I looked outside as the train moved along, the steam from the train covered my window. There was multiple stops at different places. I watched the small girl and boy, who i shared a carriage with, get off. One man looked at the tag on the boys top and took him while a women took away the little girl. My heart broke and I could not help but feel emotional. They had left two people in one day. What is this war doing to people.

It came to a final stop and I grabbed my suitcase ready to arrive and start my new adventure. I slowly got off the train awaiting to face my new carers. I got off slowly and saw no one there. 

I turned my head towards the left hand side of the platform and I saw four children standing there seeming lost; walking to them and coughed to grab their attention.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

The all turn around to face me. There was a girl who looked only a bit younger than me or maybe the same age. Next to her was a small teen aged boy standing there looking uninterested and bored. A small girl was gripped onto another boy. I looked up at him and noticed straightaway his blue eyes looking into mine. His features were defined and very handsome looking.

"Do you know where Mrs. Macready lives or is?" I asked.

"We are staying with her too" The little girl smiled at me.

I smiled back at her. So they have just been sent here as well, I was going to share my life for how ever long i stay her, with them.

"I am Sophia" I introduced. "It looks like we will be staying in the same home"

"I am Lucy" The little girl spoke offering her hand out, which I shook respectfully.

"I'm Susan" she said waving her hand.

I looked at the other boy that seemed mood, but it did not look as if he was going to make the effort to talk to me.

"I am Peter" says the oldest looking one, with the captivating blue eyes. "And that is Edmund."

"Nice to meet you" I smiled.

We all sat on the edge of the platform by the roadside waiting for Mrs. Macready to come pick us all up. The atmosphere was silent and did become slightly awkward. We heard a beep of a car and we rushed quickly, with our suitcases, as we assumed it was her. When the car drove past us we became anxious as to where she could be.

"The Professor knew we were all coming?"  I frowned. "Didn't he?"

"Perhaps we've been incorrectly labeled?" Edmund said playing with his label.

My ears perked up when I heard horses hoofs hitting against the ground and a women encouraging the horse to carry on going forward. When she got to us she stayed still and looked down to us.

"Mrs. Macready?" Peter asked. 

"I'm afraid so. Is that it then?" She said in a Scottish accent which sounded very stern; looking at us up and down. "Haven't you brought anything else?" 

"No, ma'am. It's just us." Peter replied.

I looked down and we all had one small suitcase that held our lives in.

"Small favours." She said and ushered us to get in the cart behind her.

Peter helped everyone get into the cart and I became quite nervous when it was my turn. He looked down to me, smiling as he held out his hand. I hitched my foot on the side, making it so it would be easier. Peter swung me inside gently and I stumbled forward slightly - Mrs Macready had already started to move. 

"Sorry" I blushed. 

"All good." He smiled and we both sat down.

We rode to the house and the trip there was most exquisite. The trees were green and full of life, nothing like i had seen when i was in Birmingham, most of the land was used for housing or industrial purposes. The sky was bright blue and there was no cloud in sight. The warm breeze hit my face which caused my hair across my face. I smiled and I saw Peter looking at me smiling. 

"It beautiful isn't it" I say and Lucy nods her head really fast. 

"Oh my-" Susan says as we approached the house. 

I turned and looked to see this huge grand house, that was at least 10 times the size of mine back at home. I smiled and admired the architectural structure, it was most historic. The windows seemed Victorian and very large. 

Mrs Macready  was talking to the horse along the way and encouraging the horse to slow down so we would be outside the house. 

"Good girl" She spoke as she stopped the horse.

We all got off and Peter helped us all off again and we all grabbed our belongings, then walked into the huge house; admiring everything as we entered.

"The professor is unaccustomed to having children in his house, and as such, there are a few rules we need to follow." she said turning around to us as she stood on the third step of the staircase looking down on us. She ushered us to follow her. "There will be no shouting' or running', no improper use of the dumbwaiter." 

She continued and we all looked at the historical objects and Susan reached out to touch one. 

"NO touching of the historical artifacts!"

She had scared Susan half to death but we all could not help but snicker at the situation. We all walked up to our rooms facing to each other and stayed still in the middle of both separate rooms.

"And above all, there shall be no disturbing'of the Professor" She said calmly. "These are your bedrooms. Girls to my left and boys to my right. Dinner is at 6 and no one better be late"

With that she left us alone to settle in Susan, Lucy and I began to unpack our things into our new home for the time being. 

"What do you think about the house?" I asked them as we sat down on our beds. 

"I think it is beautiful." Lucy grinned and looked to us. 

"It is nice." Susan smiled too; standing up and walking out. 

"I am not sure whether she likes me." I looked down, talking to Lucy who came over to me. She put her hand on my arm gently. 

"She is always like that-" She began. "-do not let her get to you." 

I am just glad that I get along well with these girls and I know we will have a great time her. I cannot wait to make the experience great. 

Things are really turning out better than I thought. 

Dinner quickly came and by six we were all sat around the table awaiting our dinner. I could not help but feel as if someone was watching me while the Macready was serving out the food. I looked up and my eyes connected to Peters beguiling blue eyes. I smiled and he smiled back which did cause my face flush a bit. I looked away and we all ate our dinner. 

"Our adventure starts now" Lucy beamed. "Our knew little family" 

"Cheers too that" Peter smiled and raised his glass.