Chapter 21: Fate By A String, Part 2

Hi again. If you're still reading this, thanks for your support. Okay, so If you're one of those who's reading the manga, I'll be incorporating some lines for my story to fit the plot. But this is a story, so enjoy it! The trip to Okinawa has only begun for our main character. Let's follow her and see what happens.....

All was quiet. The sense of something cold touched her face. She slowly opened her eyes, her eyelashes fluttering as her vision came to. Kasumi realized she was on her back, staring at the gloomy sky while snow fell down. She stood up, alarmed went she found herself in the middle of a forest. She looked around, and she didn't know where she was. Just then, she heard a voice. She turned to the left, and stood still. The voice was growing near, and Kasumi walked towards it. 

Passing every tree and bush, she ventured to find the voice. After a few minutes, she found herself in an open area. Her eyes widened when she realized where she was. 

"It can't be," she whispered to herself, "is this a dream?"

"Mommy! Daddy!" 

"?" Kasumi turned to see a small child. However, she was stunned when she saw who it was. It was her younger self, as a seven year old. Right next to her was her parents, who smiled at their little girl. Kasumi knew she was dreaming now. She watched as her younger self went to the other side of the river, passing by herself. Just then, the little girl stopped. Kasumi turned to see a figure coming out of the woods. The person stopped a few feet away from the little girl. The older Kasumi gasped when realizing the scene. She stared at the figure, his figure showing itself. Her eyes widened, and it was a man. Everything else on his face was covered in darkness. The only thing that was visible, was a scar. Before she knew it, she heard her mother scream her name. Kasumi kept her eyes to the man, as he pulled out a gun. 

"NO!!"

BANG!!

"GASP~!" Kasumi jolted up. She gasped for air, panting as her face felt sweaty. Looking around, she was in her room, sitting up in her bed. Kasumi ran her hand through her hair and sighed deeply. She sat at the edge of her bed, remembering the nightmare she had. 

'That man.... I couldn't see his face,' she thought to herself. She clenched her hands, gripping the sheets. She looked outside of her window, noticing the sun was starting to rise.

"I need a swim."

>>>>>>>>>Fast Forward>>>>>>>>

SPLASH!! 

Kasumi dived into the ocean. She wore a bikini; both matching with dark purple color with stripe design on the sides, with a light dark cloth wrapped around her waist that covered part of her bikini bottom. She swam, coming back for air and diving to avoid the waves that rode by. Kasumi came upon the reef. The coral made the water shine with colors. She grabbed some of it, guiding her further out. Through her goggles, she saw a group of fish swim by, a few crabs and starfish here and there. The ocean was beautiful, yet quiet when you're out by yourself. Although she kept thinking about that same dream, unable to see his face. It was nerve-wracking. When she resurfaced, she found herself near a rock out in the open. She carefully went up and sat on the edge of it, letting her feet dangle above the water and let her goggles sit on her forehead. She stood there for what felt like hours, staring at her surroundings, with no one in sight. Kasumi then remembered that she was supposed to help with today's training exercises. She swam back and was now walking on the shore. Kasumi went to a lounge chair and picked up her towel to dry off. She looked at her phone, and the time was 7 in the morning. 

"They should be awake by now" she thought. Kasumi laid back on the lounge chair, letting herself soak up some sun. 

Inside the house, everyone was eating breakfast. Fuji was walking with his plate in hands. He then noticed Kite, who was sitting by himself at the kitchen. Kite was sipping some tea, reading the newspaper that came in a moment ago. Just then, he saw a plate sitting next to his. He looked up to see Fuji, who smiled.