I'm Going To Die In Here!

i watched Patrick, Reed, and Lesweir play exploding snap like this was going to be another regular year. but we all knew this year would be differant. snape being headmaster is the worst thing that could ever happen, and this time i dont have hermione to protect me. Patrick promised he wont let anyone hurt me but he isnt the touphest person, so i just smiled at him and said thank you.

"i win." Reed said, a little miserably.

"is there a problem with you winning?" i asked, my face etched with amusement. he always did this when he won a game and his answer would always be the same.

"i ALWAYS win," he said, like the first time.... and the second.... and the third.... always. "i wish i had a REAL challenge. but SHE never plays because SHE doesnt like showing how incredably smart she really is."

i knew he was talking about me, but he was right. i didnt like showing how smart i was. i was called a know-it-all my first year and that hurt... bad. so now i just pretend im an average witch. though i do have the best test grades in my year.

"come on Fiona." Lesweir said in an annoyed tone. "that was two years ago. GET OVER IT!"

i bit my lip. it was two years ago, and i wasnt called a know-it-all ever since. "fine."

th three of them looked at me in shock, i knew they never thought i would agree. but im a gryffindore for goodness sake! i need to grow a backbone already.

"fine?" Reed said in shock. "y-your going to play?"

"WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO!" Lesweir said dramatically.

"YES!" Patrick said. "our smart little friend is back!"

i laughed, trying hard to hide the fact that he called me 'little'. i was shorter then most third years but i wasnt THAT short... was i?

i bent down next to them as they layed the cards out. and then i played and to no ones surprise i won.

e all hopped off the train and picked a carrage. Patrick said in our second year that he saw a skeleton horse in the front but Lesweir laughed so hard he never spoke of it again. but i swear when i went around a carrage once i fellt something nudge me, so i believe him. though why only he could see them was a mystery to me.

"oh hello invisable skeleton horse," Lesweir said mockingly. "how was your summer?"

"shut up, Lesweir." Patrick snapped while Reed snickered behind his ten pound book about magical creatures. "that was last year, get over it."

"and i already told you that i felt something nudge me over there." i said, eyeing the book of magical creatures. "so there has to be something there."

"the joke is getting old." Reed said, suddenly very interested in his book. "... skeleton.... dead.... invisable..."

me, patrick, and Lesweir shared the same look. Reed always got that same look when he reads, kind of annoying if you ask me. he kept mumbling inaudable words to himself and me, patrick, and lesweir were silent, looking in awe at the beautiful castle.

"its going to be differant." i said sadly. "all of it, hermione, ron and harry arent here... snape as headmaster... death eaters running loose..."

"i doubt i would be able to do any pranks this year without getting hit with the crusiatus curse." Lesweir said sadly.

"i think i'll quit my keeper position in quidditch." Patrick said.

"why?!?!?" me and Lesweir said at the same time in astonishment. though Reed only glanced up in understanding.

"whats the point?" Patrick said. "with a slytherin as headmaster we would loose either way."

"i think i would keep your position if  i were you." Lesweir said. me and lesweir didnt have quidditch skills, we were the only ones in our flying lessons that couldnt pick the broom up by saying 'up.' reed got it on his second try so now he had the chaser position.