FAQs

Try to look here before asking, in case any questions have already been answered for you.

F A Q S

▔▔▔▔▔

Can a judge participate in a contest which is not their area in judging?

Yes, you can; graphic judges can participate in writing contests and vice versa, but fantasy judges cannot participate in, say, a sci-fi contest. Hope that's clear.

If my number of followers or votes increases and goes over the limit during a contest, will I be eliminated?

Of course not, that's what the contests are for; to seek out the gems and boost their followers and votes. However, you must be under the limit when you apply.

This sounds exciting, when will it start?

We're seriously so glad that many of you are excited; it will begin once the judging team and council are completely assembled; the aim is late July to August.

If the genre I write in isn't in here, can I pass them off as other genres?

That's completely fine; however, do keep in mind: we're judging how well you write in that genre, so if it is a great teen fic book but only has tiny snippets of romance, it might not score highly in the Romance Run. 

What if I write in another language and wish to be a contestant/judge?

We've gotten a few of these in different variations so here we'll clear it up. This is profile uses english. If you write in another language, you can be a judge if we think your english writing is up-to-standard. You can be a contestant as long as your submission is in english. So if you're an amazing Spanish writer, you'll still be judged by english.

I want to be a contestant, what if my story is very new and only has one / a few chapters? 

We have different minimums for different contests, so that'll depend; if you think you have enough for readers to enjoy it, then it's fine. The basic minimum for most of the contests is two actual chapters, though the story needs to be completed for Mystery Literary and Short Story Skirmish. 

▁▁▁▁▁

New questions will be added here if we find anything recurring, so you can check here repeatedly.