Chapter 32: The Embellishment of the Pillow wall

Start from the beginning

His hands moved from the arm of the chair to my legs, his fingers running up my thighs. As his hands ran along the outside of my thigh and began to cut across the centre of my body - my hand pushed gently at his chest. Our kiss broke and Anthony quickly braced himself against the arms of the chair.

"Sorry." He quickly apologised for going too far.

I gave a little chuckle and shook my head, "No, it's okay, just not there yet."

With a quick smirk, Anthony stood up to his full height and extended out his hand to me. "Take your time babe. Care for some ice cream?"

I smiled brightly. "Um, of course."

Taking Anthony's hand,we interlaced our fingers and headed over to the hotel kitchen to the ice cream freezer before ending up at the beach. The waves rolled in at an erratic pace now, with the water reflecting the setting sun and the moon rising up to replace it. The weather was still so warm making the cold water brushing my feet surprisingly nice.

"Up for a run tomorrow morning?" Anthony asked as we continued to walk up the beach.

I scoffed. "Please feel free to ignore the advice we were given over this whole experience." I could hardly believe he was willing to take on the psychologist's advice in doing our routine activities together - for Anthony that was a morning run and breakfast. For me, it was more of allowing him to sit with me during my hour of late night tv before bed.

He smiled mischievously. "Some of it was helpful."

"Oh yeah?" I raised my eyebrows as a came to a stop in the sand. "Like what?"

Anthony pulled on my hand, making me stumble against his chest. His lips pressed against mine in a brief show of affection.

"Point taken." I smiled and dropped his hand, moving quickly into the water, wanting a small respite from the conflicting voices in my head that seemed to be getting louder the closer he was.

I kicked up the water, entertaining myself.

"You're so juvenile." He shook his head but the ghost of a smile still lingered on his lips.

My eyes darkened and narrowed with a running idea. Biting down on my lip I kicked up the water, further and higher this time wetting Anthony's shirt. His face dropped with surprise and his arms spread wide as he looked down at his now splattered top.

As his eyes snapped back up to meet mine, my own face dropped and flooded with regret.

"Shit!' I started to run but the water made it difficult to get very far and Anthony's arms laced around my waist before I even managed two steps. Lifting me out of the water ever so slightly, he threw me back into the water.

The cold rush of the water flooded through my clothes and my skin had already started to turn blue from the cold before I managed to surface for a gulp of air. "That's not fair!" I protested.

Anthony only chuckled. "Sexy look babe, nice bra by the way."

I gasped, looking down at my now wet and see through top, and my black polk-a-dot bra now colouring my top. "You asshat!"

He only laughed louder.

"Calm down babe."

I flicked my hair out of my face and squeeze out the water, all the while keeping a close eye on Anthony. As soon as he turned his head away to check his watch, I pounced. Moving to his side I reached out and gave him a tackling hug, forcing him into the water - and me along with him. I started laughing before my head came out of the water, causing me to swallow some seawater.