i'll crawl home to her.

CHAPTER ONE
Song: Work Song by Hozier

Mira longed for fresh air and another colour other than white. She felt like she was going mad. The only interesting thing in her room was the painting of the sunflowers. At least when it got too much she could look through the window and see Asteria, who was all she had left.

The eerie silence of the white room gave her too much time to think. Mostly about Bellamy. Cory, Octavia and her missing friends made an appearance in her thoughts too. She wondered if the rest of the surviving delinquents were also locked in rooms like her, but she mostly just thought about Bellamy. This time she didn't cry when she did. She'd moved past her sadness stage and had moved onto anger.

She kept remembering what he said right before she kissed him. "I'm not going anywhere."

What a liar.

He shouldn't have said something so promising, he knew it was likely that he would die. The thoughts got too much to handle, so she stood up from her spot on the ground and walked to the window to check on Asteria. She was probably doing this every fifteen minutes. Seeing that her friend was safe and only a hallway away soothed her, which is why she immediately panicked when she saw that Asteria was gone. Her door was open and her room was empty. Mira roughly slammed her palm down on the door over and over.

"Asteria?" She shouted desperately. Her voice was hoarse, as she hadn't spoken in hours. She'd had enough.

She'd already formed her plan and she jumped to put it into action. She rushed over to the machine that had previously been pumping liquid into her veins and pulled the top half off. She walked back to the camera that hung above the door and swung the metal pole at it. It fell to the floor and smashed. No one came instantly rushing to stop her so she continued with her plan. Next, she smashed the glass in the window of the door. She poked out the last little shards from the window to avoid getting any cuts, and she pushed her arm out of the window. She had to stand on her toes to reach the lock of the door. Finally she managed to flick the lock and she pulled her arm back inside before pushing it open. She cautiously stepped forward into a long, white hallway.

It was eerily silent. She peered down the hall to her left and saw that it seemed to last forever. All the doors she saw were open now and the rooms were empty. On the ground to her right was shattered glass surrounded by blood, which trailed down the hallway. Mira didn't hesitate in arming herself with a shard. If there was anything she'd learnt from her time on the ground, it was that you weren't going to get far without a weapon. She was careful not to let it cut her palm and continued to follow the blood down the hall. She saw no one, which was surprising since someone must have been watching her when she smashed the camera. Her legs were freezing in her white dress, not to mention her bare feet.

Eventually she arrived at a door. White, obviously. She took a nervous breath before pushing the door open. The blood trail continued on the floor of a dirty brown cement.

Mira was growing more and more curious. How the hell was she in Mount Weather? Were her friends here? How did she get here? It must have had something to do with the ominous pink smoke, which was the last thing she remembered before waking up in the white room. She followed the blood and still couldn't believe that she hadn't seen anyone yet. Finally, she gave in to her urge to shout.

"Hello?" She called. Her voice resonated through the hallways but there was no response. She drew her eyebrows together in confusion. She followed the trail of blood. It reminded her of the Yellow Brick Road in The Wizard of Oz, only much more morbid. She followed it to an elevator, which was something new for her. There was blood smeared on the button for the fifth floor so she pressed that one. She clung to the railing as it sped upwards.