Prologue: And it all begins here...

"You will be spending your summer vacation in Greece, Hector."

My face went blank as I stared at my mother who was sitting at the other side of the table beside my step father who was playing with my baby sister Leighton than time. I wished that she didn't say those words. I don't want to spend my summer vacation at Greece with my real father.

"I don't want too, Mom. I want to stay here and play with my baby sister." I smiled at Dad. Wilfredo Santillan is only my step father but he treats me like his own flesh and blood. My mother married him when I was four years old. Theirs was a whirlwind romance. They met, they dated and after three weeks they fell in love.

Instantly, I loved my step father, he was as good to me as my mom. He loves me like I am his real son. For eight years, I am his only son and I think he's okay with that but one day, the good news came. Mom got pregnant and nine months later, we we're blessed with a healthy bouncing baby girl. Mom named her Leighton. We were very happy upon her arrival. Dad called her the lucky charm of the family.

When I saw her for the first time, my heart fell for her. I felt responsible for her every move. I vowed to protect my sister. I will do everything for her and no one can ever take her away from the family. No one will ever hurt her.

"You have to; your Baba wants to see you." Mom looked at me. "Don't you want to get to know him?"

"He had abandon me, Mom. He just needed an heir that's why he wants me now."

"You are twelve years old and yet you talk like you dad. Wilfredo ano bang itinuro mo sa anak ko?" Mom rolled her eyes. Dad smiled at me and winked.

"If he doesn't want to go then let him stay here."

"Oo nga, Mom. Mas gusto kong alagaan si Leigh. Kapag nasa Santorini ako, mami-miss ko lang siya."

"I'm still your mother. Anak, two months ka lang naman sa Baba mo. Isa pa, kailangan mo rin siyang kilalanin."

I didn't say anything. I continued eating. It's not that I hate my real father but the fact that he left mom while she was pregnant with me bugs the hell out of me.

Hindi rin naman ako nanalo kay Mommy. She sent me to Greece three days after. I wasn't really having the time of my life although Santorini is a very beautiful place, I still prefer my view of the Metro in my room and the voice of my step father. I also missed little Leigh. I miss her baby laughter and I missed my mother's food.

I sighed. I can't believe that I have to stay here the whole summer. My real father's name is Hyperion Demitri – he told me that his English name is John Doe – he had also asked about my English name and I told him that It's Hector Santillan. He shook his head and smiled knowingly, he tapped my shoulder.

"You're in Greece, son. You are Helios, the son of Hyperion and this..." He motioned his vast land. "Is all yours. You are my only heir. You're even richer than that man your mother married."

I stared at him. I don't know what I should feel about this but I'm kinda glad that he's trying to get to know me.

The days went by so fast. Baba was training me on handling his business. He's a firearm tycoon. He sells guns – legally – and other war weapons to the arm force of the tiger countries like The U.S.A. Russia, China and the Philippines.

"Baba, why don't you have a wife?" I asked him one night while having dinner. He stared at me.

"I don't need that, Helios. Love is a weakness. If you love you're weak." He said. He was serious. I just shrugged that off. We ate dinner in silence. I don't know why he said those words but with what I saw between my parents – I know that love isn't a bad thing.

Dumating ang araw nang pagbalik ko sa Pilipinas. Baba was with me that moment. He wanted to personally return me to my mom and ask permission to borrow me again next summer.

When we got to the house, I was so excited. Makikita ko na ulit si Leighton. Marami akong pasalubong sa kanya. I excitedly entered the mansion but the silence struck me.

"Mom?" I called out. I was only gone for two months but I felt like something has changed. "Mom!?! Dad?!"

I heard some footsteps. I looked around and I saw my nanny walking towards me. She was holding a bag on her hand. Her eyes were shallow and watery. Parang kaiiyak niya lang.

"Nanny?" I called her. "Where is mom? Nasa office ba si Dad?" I was excited again. "Si Leigh?"

To my surprise my nany hugged me. She sobbed hard. I could feel her shoulders shaking.

"H-ector," She sobbed so hard she was almost out of breath. "Wala na ang mommy at daddy mo. Inatake sa puso ang daddy mo, namatay naman sa car crash ang mommy mo. Wala na sila, Hector..."

Gumuho ang mundo ko.

I was only twelve years old, too young to realize how cruel life is.

Tiningnan ko siya.

"S-si Leigh?"

My nanny shook her head.

"They took her away too, Hector."