(Chapter Two: Best Thing I Never Had)

Diamond

Being a nurse in the ER department had it ups and down, it was always fast paced down here and there was always a thrill. As I sat in the nurses station I began to look at pictures of Tj. I swear I hated being away from him but I had to work.

"Diamond you have a new patient in room four."  I heard someone say. After slipping my phone into the back pocket of my scrubs I got up and began going to room four. I grabbed the file that was hanging on the door to read about the patient. He was shot in his lower abdonmen and suffered from a few seizures. Wow ok. I read the board to see the patients name as I cleansed my hands with some hand sanitizer. 

"Mr. Regan how are you feeling?" I asked as I walked in,

"Better now that I see you," he said as he fluttered his eyes open. I flashed a small smirk.

"My son, oh my God! Is he okay?" A woman came into the room saying. My head turned around to see, a short woman whom was darkskin like the patient.

"His vitals looks fine and to my surprise his healing is going fast." I explained.

"Are you hungry?" I asked him and the woman sat down.

"Not really," He said and another man can through.

"Bro you good?" He asked.

"Yeah." The patient replied.

"I'm so sorry, for not introducing myself. Sweety I am his mother, Ajaa and then this is is brother Quan."

"Nice to meet the both of you. I am Diamond his nurse until seven in the morning." I said with a smile.

"I'll be back in maybe ten, fifteen minutes to check up on him again and try to get him to eat also because he needs to get his iron back up. He lost an awful lot of blood." I explain.

"Wow. I like you," His mother commented and I laughed a bit.

"Well, if you need me I'll be in the nurses station."

"Please stay!" I heard the patient say. 

"Kingsley, this lady has other patients boy." His mother explained and I excused myself out of the room and began to check on my two other patients.

...

...

...

It was around six fifty and I was doing my round making sure all of my patients were good. My last stop was Kingsley Regan, who has been ringing the nurses station asking for me nonstop, especially when his mother and brother left.

"Mr. Regan..." I said tiptoeing in the room.

I looked to see he was sound  sleep so I left him a note of the dry erase board telling him I hoped he had a quick recovery and that it was nice meeting him and his family. Once I was done, I closed the door then began going to my car. Once I was there I began to make my way towards Tyler's house, like fucking clockwork. 

Soon I was there, ringing the doorbell. AS I waited patiently I heard the door open to reveal a woman in a red satin robe. 

"Um, he doesn't have a maid. At least I don't think." She said and I titled my head to the side.

"One I ain't a maid and two I advise you to step to the side before I act like a maid and wipe the floor with your ass, Tyler!!!" I screamed barging my way into the house. 

"Who is it- oops."

"Yeah, oops, where is my son?!" I said and that's when I saw Tj walk behind him.

"Go get your things lil man. Aight?" Tyler said and I rolled my eyes.

"Tyler. I am so disgusted with you, I don't even want to look at you right now." I said ad he waved me off. Tyler and his midnight hoe, and then it's not even Tasean's mom. 

"Diamond chill out bruh, what I do don't have nothing to do with you." He said.

"It does when my son is involved! Fuck you Tyler," I said.

Tj began coming down the stairs and I went over to the steps picked him up and then made my way out of the house. 

"Mama I missed you," He said and I smile. "I missed you more."

I began to buckle him into his carseat and then get into the driver's seat. "How was daddy's house?" I asked him as I began making my way towards my home.

"It was ok. Daddy told me to stay in my room,"

"Why?" I said as I felt my blood boil.

"I'on know." He said and he seemed kind of down about it. Tj truly looked up to his father. When he goes to the games it's as if he is his father's biggest fan. Tyler doesn't know the impact he has on his son life. Once I pulled into a parking space I saw Venya's car parked out front and that was odd.

After placing Tj in my arms I locked my car and then saw as she was getting out of hers with tear stained eyes.

Even though she and I didn't have the cleanest history, our boys were brothers so for the sake of them we became cool. She wasn't bad in all honesty.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Tyler cheated on me."

"You don't say," I said as I twisted my lips up. I could've told her he was going to do that shit. I told her to come on up and if she wanted to, we could talk about it.

Once I had Tj down for some morning cartoon, she and I sat in the living room talking.

"It's like I gave him all of me and then he cheats for why?" She said, breaking down in tears.

"That's right girl let it all out." I said patting her back for comfort because I knew the feeling all to well.

"I want revenge," She said and I looked at her crazy. I know you hurting and all but um.

"Oh shit now," I said and she wiped her tears laughing. 

Leah

"I just want this baby out of me," I told Langston as we were in the car on the way to Tyler's house. Janson was in the back sleep.

"You say that everyday, I get it baby."

"Sure you do," I said as we all got out.

Soon we were in the driveway, I glanced at the time to see it was going on one o'clock and I haven't heard from Diamond since like five last night.

Langstong got Jansen out and we were not knocking on the door.

"Look at family man Langton!" Tyler said as he dapped Langston up.

"Hey sis."

"Don't touch me Tyler," I retorted and he then greated Jansen.

"Leah..." Langston cut his eyes at me and I rolled mines. These days I am not a fan of Tyler. He let fame get to his head, not knowing that at any fucking time this shit can kiss his ass goodbye.

"Nah she good. She's just like Diamond,"

"You not worthy enough to even say her name you dirty ba-"

"LEAHHHH!!" Langston said.