The Accident #1

3 years ago..

Ella's POV

We are driving inter-state. I am Australian, moving to Brighton; England. The plane landed an hour ago and now my dad is driving to our house.

'Hey dad, how much further?' I asked him. 'About 25 minutes sweetie' he replied. ' Darling I know this is hard for you but we love you ok?' 'I know mum, I love you too' I smiled back at her. All my friends were still in Australia. I already missed them.

It happened like a lightning bolt, I grabbed my husky puppy Lexi and held her as close to me as I could. I couldn't close my eyes. The impact felt like being pierced in the side. All I saw my my dad hitting his head and and my mum crying and screaming. I screamed too.

Blood everywhere, tears and most of all unconscious parents. I'm only 12. Why me? I thought. Why? Why couldn't it be someone else?  I just sat there, I could see our house in distance, drunk drivers I hate them. Our car was on its side and I couldn't feel my left arm.

4 hours later

My dad is dead. I had no reaction to that. My mum and I are at home, Lexi and I are on the couch watching tv, I haven't even unpacked, I wasn't feeling up to it.
Mum has been crying, she visited the hospital and called all the family, while I just sat here.
My room was designed by my father and I loved it, so that's why I do not want to go in there.

2 weeks later

I start school today. I'm really not excited. It seems like it will be crap. I mean I lost my father two weeks ago and I just found out my mother has cancer from the crash, and I have a broken arm.
I also have no friends.

Arriving at school*

'Hello, what's your name? Mine is Noah.' A random boy asks me. 'Ella' I respond.
'So are you new?' Noah asked me. I am one of those people that are very sarcastic  so of course I answered 'Oh nah, you've just never seen me before' and then I rolled my eyes. 'Well you are sarcastic and sassy, so may I show you the way?' He responded. I laughed lightly and smiled, 'sure, I mean I don't know where anything is' He then said to me 'you're Australian I can tell your accent.' 'Uh yeah, how'd you tell?' I Asked. 'My best friend Adam is aswell' I thought I said ' yes another australian' in my head but apparently I said it out loud. 'I think he'll like you because you're Australian too.' He smiled at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~