Chapter 1: The Cendrillon

"Cendrillon, a French word meaning 'little ashes'. It's also commonly known as a type of deadly dance." Levi was telling her little siblings a story named after Cinderella. She felt happy in the little cottage they called home.
   "Cendrillon, huh? It's a name for a deadly dance? What does your name mean, Levi?" The youngest, Kiki, asked.
  "My name is short for Leviathan, which means 'Sea Monster'." Levi smiled. The children were so innocent with questions that Levi had no problem answering them.

  Levi worked for a wealthy manor owner. She was a servant and her Master was a good man. His wife was not as much. She gave Levi more tasks than what a normal servant would have. The day after her story, she was working once again, humming a song of her own respect. She enjoyed the job mostly and handled them with no fuss.
  "Levi, dear, would you mind helping me out this on the kitchen shelf?" A fellow servant asked Levi. She nodded without a word and helped the servant.
  "You know, I have seen how that dreaded wife has treated you. You should quit. I hate seeing you like that. You are too sweet, Levi." The servant smiled at Levi.
  "I'm fine. I have to supply for my siblings." Levi went back to work.
  "No you aren't. You could live in luxury if you told your stories to the world." The servant urged Levi.
  "Those stories don't deserve that of the public's ear." Levi mumbled. "I'm sorry, but they aren't that good. After all, I've never learned to write. How would others learn it?" She sighed.
  "Good point..." The two kept working silently.

  Suddenly after minutes of silence, a girl who was named Rose ran in.
  "Levi! Levi! Look! There's a story telling contest on the night of the masquerade! You should enter!" Rose smiled brightly as Levi stood up. Rose was a few years younger than her and was always so peppy.
  "What a great idea! Enter it Levi!" The servant, named Nikola said, standing next to Rose.
  "You guys don't understand. I can't do that. I work that evening and employees of the household are forbidden by entering." Levi went back to work.
  "What if you wore a mask there and told it as a different name?" Rose asked, head tilted slightly.
  "That could work, I guess... fine. I'll enter the contest. What do I get if I win?" Levi raised an eyebrow.
  "A dance with a man who will be attending the party. He's a wealthy writer." Nikola said, glancing down at the paper.
  "Alright, let's get to composing my story, not to mention I'll need a name for it and an alias." Levi smiled. She was genuinely excited for a strange reason. She wanted the win so bad.
  After work that night she sat in her small room and sat with no ideas and no inspiration. After staring out the windows, she thought. "What if I told a story of death. My siblings enjoyed that. Now if only I could expand on that."

After spending her night improving the story again and again, she felt it was time to make her masquerade mask. The masquerade was in a night and she had signed up at the last minute as Leviathan. Nothing else, just Leviathan. No one knew her real name except her sisters so it was a perfect name choice. The story would be called "Cendrillon: The Death Dance".