-Prologue-

"-and again, the Ghostbusters managed to capture the ghosts and save all of New York City. That's the news for today, now here is Kate Jones with tomorrow's weather."

"We did it girls!" Abby said after turning the television off. Patty and Erin were standing in front of her, while I was sitting at my desk, working on some new gadgets. Yeah, right. 'Again'. When the first ghost was seen, people didn't even believe us. They thought we were crazy. But recently, we defeated ghosts in front of dozens of people, and ever since that moment people started to believe us. Except for the stupid mayor... he still told the story so the fame went to him.

"Holtzmann?"

I looked up. "Hm?"

"I know you're still mad about what the mayor did, but that's not important. Everyone else knows it was us. You want some too?" Erin asked. She was holding a bottle of champagne. I sighed and nodded. "Sure."

I got up after putting my tools down and took the glass from Erin, which she had just filled. "To the Ghostbusters!" Patty said happily as she held her glass up. Everyone else followed her lead. They all looked so happy... Abby, Erin and Patty... and Kevin. God damn Kevin... I still didn't understand why Erin and Patty hired him. Because he looked like he went to the gym every weekend? It was not because of his intelligence, that was for sure. He just started to figure out how the phone worked...

Erin had wrapped her arm around Kevin. Pfff... moments in which I wanted to be Kevin...

"Hey, is something wrong?" Abby asked. I looked away quickly. "N- no, everything is fine," I answered. Lie. Lie. Lie.

"Jillian?" Erin had put two fingers underneath my chin and she was looking me in the eyes. "H- Erin..?! You- you're so close..." I managed to get out. Erin kept looking at me. "Jillian and Erin, sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

Erin quickly stepped back and turned to Abby, who was laughing way too hard. "Hey, knock it off! Holtzmann and I are just friends," she said. I laughed nervously. "Yeah, just friends," I said. Erin was talking to Kevin again... God damnit... I walked back to my desk and sat down again. How could I get Erin's attention... aha! I got a proton gun, which I had given an upgrade. "Hey Erin, I got you something by the way."

"What's it?"

I showed her the gun. "Look, I made it more precise," I said as I gave it to her. When she took it from me, her hand quickly touched mine. I felt my cheeks get hot and I quickly stepped back. "Go ahead, try it out."

I could remember the first time Erin used a proton weapon. I had to help her tie it on, I had to catch her when things went wrong and I had to hold her because of the sudden power that emerged from the tube. Erin had fallen and pushed me over accidentally, so we ended up on top of eachother. Instead of immediately getting up, I may have kissed her... just a peck on the lips... we never talked about it afterwards. It was the only secret we had for Abby, Patty and Kevin. I was pretty sure Erin even already forgot about it.

The kiss was nearly six months ago, and ever since that moment Erin had been everything that was on my mind.

Erin shot at the target, which was standing at the end of the big hall our headquarters were in. She immediately got it right. "Wow, it really is more precise! Great job, Jillian," she said and she turned to face me again. I smiled. "Thanks." Erin kept looking at me. I heard the phone ring, Patty who was talking to Abby and Kevin who was humming a song.

"Kevin, can you answer the phone?"

Erin had walked over to Kevin's desk. What did she see in him...

"Miss Amsworthy reports a ghost at 17th avenue."

I looked at Erin, smirking. "Looks like we got work to do."

~

"What did it look like?" Abby asked miss Amsworthy. "It was very tall, it didn't look like a human, and-"

I was looking around. I saw Erin looking at some books, lying on the cabinet. She opened one and started reading very focused. I chuckled and sneaked up to her.

"Boo."

Erin turned around. "Hey, you can't scare me that easily," she said. I chuckled. "I know. I wouldn't scare you."

We were standing awkwardly close to eachother. "Erin..." she looked at me. "Yeah? What's wrong?" I looked down at my feet. "W- what's it that you see in Kevin..?"

Erin looked at him and shrugged. "I don't know... eh, I- I don't feel anything for him, by the way," she said. I was looking at her again, and I saw she was slightly blushing.

"Ofcourse you don't."

"N- no, really!"

I chuckled and winked at her. "Girls, c'mon, we have a ghost to capture!" Patty said and I walked up to her, Abby and Kevin. "Erin, you coming as well?" Patty said. "Eh? Oh, right."

~

We'd split up the group in two smaller groups. I was put together with Abby, and Erin was put with Patty and Kevin. "So, Holtzmann, what's up with you and Erin?" I looked at her. "What are you talking about? It's nothing, we're just friends, just like she said," I answered. "Oh, come on Jillian! It's obvious!" I sighed. "Alright... I might- uhm, I feel more for Erin than friendship... but you can't tell her!" I quickly began walking again. "Hey, don't worry Holtzmann, your secret is safe with me. I think you two would be really cute together. Like, really cute." She chuckled. I sighed.

"Abby! We found the ghost! It's a class four entity!"

Abby grabbed her stuff and started running. "Come on, Holtzmann!" I followed her.

~

"Holy shit..."

"I know, right?!" Erin yelled enthusiastically. "Okay girls, light 'em up!" Abby said and all of the squad grabbed their proton guns. "On three. One... two... three!"

We all shot at the ghost from different directions. Purple and orange beams emerged from the ends of the tubes and wrapped themselves around the ghost, keeping it from escaping. "Kevin, slide that box over there underneath the ghost!" I yelled. Kevin immediately grabbed the metal, square device and kicked it towards the middle of the circle we had created.

"Erin, you know what to do!"

Erin nodded and pushed the button on top of the device with her foot, making it open and another small button jumped out of it. "Ready?" I nodded once. "Go ahead."

Erin pushed the smaller button and the ghost was sucked inside the device, which closed immediately afterwards.

We all put our guns away again. "Great job, Erin," I said. She pulled me in a hug before I could walk away. "Thanks, Jillian..." I blushed and looked at Abby, who was standing behind Erin. She smiled. I hugged Erin back, before she let go of me again. She kept looking at me, however. Did I- did I kiss her..? I was just about to kiss her once, when Abby told us we should be heading back. Erin nodded. "Yeah, I have an appointment, though, so I won't be coming to our headquarters."

"Hey, can I give you a ride?"

Erin looked at me, then nodded. "Sure."

~

I parked my car in front of a building, which contained offices. "Alright, here we are."

Erin looked down at the floor of the car. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I- I'm just really nervous... I really want this job..." she said. I could hear her voice was just about to crack. "You'll do fine, I'm sure you'll get the job," I said. Erin looked at me again. "Thanks again, Holtzmann..."

I smiled. "No problem, Erin... now get in there and nail that conversation. Make sure you get the job. And I still have something-" I said and I kissed her cheek, "-for good luck."

Erin blushed and looked away. "Still, huh..."

Darn... she didn't forget about our first kiss, apparently... I frowned. God damnit Jillian... why did you do that? Oh God... she'd never forgive you. You should've known...

"Uh... I- I should be going..." Erin said. She got out of the car and walked inside, without looking back or stopping for a single second.

"Erm... good luck..."