Well, that would be one way to keep Remus company during the full moon, he thought.

But then again, it sounded as though Fenrir wasn't going to bite James but, much worse, take him to Voldemort instead.

James quickly ducked away from the tree and into the brush again. The bushes were full of brambles and they caught his clothes and hair and made his progression much noisier than he would've liked, though he didn't think Fenrir needed to hear or see him to track him. He could clearly smell him just fine.

Fenrir followed James easily, hovering above the bushes, laughing in a way that made the hairs on James's arms stand up with unease. "Enough with the hiding, you little tosser," Fenrir growled, leaning down to the brush and ripping a part of it open wide with his thick, calloused fingers. He was so close to James's head that James had to stop and rear back to keep from being caught up. James saw long scars along Fenrir's forearms and thought of the scars on Remus's skin. "Alright, that's enough hide and seek. You're going to like the Dark Lord. Ol' Voldey has a fun little game for you and him to play... It's called How Long Will It Take Daddy To Come Save You?"

"Not long at all, it seems," a voice echoed in the woods and Fenrir's attention turned from the brush to see Charlus, charging through the trees.

James's heart leaped. "Dad?!" he screamed from inside the brush.

"I do apologize, Mr. Greyback, but I think your hunting's just come to an end," Charlus said, his wand leveled.

Greyback sneered and, forgetting about the boy, turned to face the father. "Oh Charlus, you are quite stupid, aren't you?"

"I wasn't the one who was kept back for failing the N.E.W.T.s three years in a row, Greyback," Charlus said with a chortle.

"Didn't need my ruddy N.E.W.T.s in the end, though, did I? I've done quite well for myself without'em," Fenrir replied, baring his teeth. "Where have they gotten you? Making beauty products aren't you?"

"You could use some," Charlus answered, "Remind me and I'll get you a coupon for a bottle from Madam Malkin's."

Fenrir laughed, "Unfortunately, you won't be around later to be gettin' any reminders... Avada --"

But before he could say the words, Sirius was upon him once again, having been revived by James as the two adults exchanged words. James scrambled to his feet in the leaves. "Dad -- run!" he shouted.

But Charlus didn't run. "Get him, Snuffles!" he shouted, excitedly, "Bite his ruddy ears off!"

James looked on in horror as Sirius held onto Fenrir's shoulder with all his strength, his heart leaping about against his ribs uncontrollably, desperately afraid that Greyback would gain power over his friend. He was so busy concentrating on worrying for Sirius and Charlus, who had leaped forward to help Sirius, that he didn't notice a rustling behind him. Suddenly, something grabbed his wrist and he turned to see Abraxas Malfoy clutching onto him. "DAD!!" James screamed, wrenching quickly away, aiming a swift kick to Malfoy's knees.

Abraxas was momentarily distracted by the kick, but quickly regained himself and grabbed hold of James once again, shoving his wand deep into the side of James's throat. "ENOUGH!" he bellowed. The scene instantly came to a half - Charlus saw James in Abraxas's clutch and immediately stopped firing spells at Fenrir and even Snuffles released his grasp on the man's shoulder.

Looking back to see James in Abraxas's grasp, Fenrir chuckled evilly, backing away from Charlus and Sirius with a wicked, twisted grin on his face. "Got yer boy, haven't we?" he snickered cruelly. "Got yer boy." He bared his teeth, "Maybe we'll just have a little taste... not even to kill him... the Dark Lord needn't ever know..." He lowered his mouth to James's shoulder.