1

Okie dokie, so first chapter and we're going to start off at Jake's house. LET'S DO THIS.

Jacob's POV

It's been a few weeks since the Peculiar children arrived here, and to be honest, it's been great. Emma and I have been on a few dates, Millard, Horace and Enoch are somewhat getting along, the smaller children are hanging out with Bronwyn, but Hugh seems a bit off since Fiona fell down the cliff. He's been off in his shared room all day and doesn't come down much. Millard says he spends all his time gushing over maps, marking loops, and how he can get back to find Fiona.

Of course, all of us have been different after what happened. Olive and Claire aren't as affected, to them it was just a low point in time. Then there's Horace and Enoch who've been becoming close friends, if anyone can be close friends with Enoch. It seems as if after what happened, Enoch was changed. Not a lot, but changed enough to where he's begining to let people into the walls he built. I still don't like the kid, but he's earned my respect.

Then there's Millard, he's getting into the new technology and learning things I didn't even know. In his spare time he teaches Enoch and Horace about what he's learned, but I don't really think they understand. They just do it so Millard can do something he loves to do; teach.

Even Horace has grown a lot more. After he saved my life with the scarf, he's gotten more confident in himself and he's teaching himself how to bring his prophecies to him, not just letting them hit him randomly in the head. I'm really proud of how much he's grown up.

Bronwyn has been affected differently then the rest of the Peculiars. She saw this as a time to make sure everyone was okay. She's been like a mother to us all, checking up on us, making sure we've eaten, things like that. She hasn't exactly been alone this entire time they've been here. I think she's putting off being by herself because it'll give her time to think about what happened. Having to let go of her brother, being trapped in that madhouse, not being able to protect Olive and Claire when they needed it most. I asked her one time and she only said, "I've been tryin' to forget about it. If I can't remember, then it won't hurt."

Then there's Hugh who was affected the most. Him and Fiona were a thing, and they knew each other the longest, they had a bond none of the rest of us could comprehend. Then Fiona saved us all, but fell off a cliff as she did. Hugh doesn't believe she's dead, he says he could feel it in his gut. But from a fall like that? Maybe she had the trees cushion her, but there's no way we could find her.

But none of us have been able to tell him this, it'd just crush him. We can't do that to him.

And we also can't let him waist his life pouring himself over those maps, planning on how to find her. We had a meeting the other day, we planned on how to get Hugh to find someone else. Or at least a friend that could take his mind off Fiona.

Today we're putting the plan in action. Millard got Hugh to come down for breakfast, and we're going to try to get him to come to the park with all of us.

About halfway through breakfast, Olive brings it up. "So what time are we going to the park?" She asks from her make shift seat. Bronwyn tied her legs and waist down to the chair with a some rope they had.

"Sometime after lunch, dear." Miss Peregrine says, looking to my mom and dad. They've not excepted quite yet that I'm Peculiar, but they've grown to except the children and Miss Peregrine as friends.

"Is it alright with you guys if some of the wards who don't want to go stay here with you?" She asks my mom and dad, mom hasn't spoken to anyone except dad since they've been here, but dad just tries to be nice to them. "That's fine, just don't do anything too weird please." Dad says, taking his and mom's plates to the dishwasher.