Truth be told, this was probably the most exciting thing I did in the days I was by myself. Brush my teeth. At least it gave me something to do. 

Stepping out of the shower, I sighed in happiness. I felt so fresh and relaxed.

I could hear noises downstairs. Adrian was probably up, too. It was a regular thing the past two days, waking up to see him cooking in the kitchen. 

I walked down to see him look up from rummaging through the fridge.

"Good you're up. You sleep more than my cousin, you know?"

"A girl needs her beauty sleep, okay," I snapped. I was starving and whatever he was making smelled amazing.

"You don't need any," he muttered as he pulled out eggs. Just because he and his cousin were more than good looking doesn't mean they have to brag.

"I still can't believe you can cook," I said, leaning against the bench. 

"And I can't believe you can't." He winked, making me turn a lovely shade of red. It wasn't my fault. I tried cooking but mother would always tell me off because of it, and then when I tried, mishaps would happen. 

 "I take it you didn't sleep well?"

"Huh?" I was looking at all the ingredients he took out.

He poked my skin just below my eyes. "You have dark circles," he said.

"I do?" I asked. He grabbed some pots and pans, nodding.

"That makes two of you."

"What?"

"I know someone else who would have slept badly." Adrian winked again.

"I am so confused," I said, shaking my head. 

"Just cut this up for me." He chucked a cucumber, which I barely caught. I walked around to the other side of the bench and grabbed the knife.

"You know how to chop, right?" he asked.

I could feel an intense blush coming to my face and turned around to keep him from seeing it. "Of course I do," I snapped, a bit too defensively, might I add. He nodded and turned around and I stared at the vegetable in front of me.

Truth be told, I don't. But there was no way I was going to admit that. That would just make me a spoiled kid who grew up getting everything she wanted. Which was far from the truth. How hard can it be?

I chopped the ends of the cucumber off. It was slippery. Why couldn't they be more flat? I sliced it down in half, so at least the bottom was flat which made it easier to cut. I wasn't exactly sure what I was doing but the pieces came in various shapes and slices and I stifled a grin.

"You done?"

"Yep," I said, turning around to face him. Adrian took a look at my masterpiece and his face contorted into different emotions. Alright, it wasn't that bad.

"That's creative."

"Shut up," I muttered, putting the knife down.

"I'm joking, thanks," but then he grabbed the chop board from me. I watched as he mixed the cucumber with other vegetables. It was quite embarrassing, really. A guy knew how to cook and I didn't. Maybe I could ask him to teach me. My thoughts were disturbed as the phone rang.

"I'll get it." He was already racing away from the pan to the other room. I shrugged and jumped onto the kitchen bench. I never thought I would be here one day, becoming a wife but feeling so bored. Scratch that. I wasn't even a housewife. I was basically a house statue, not even doing anything.

Adrian came back with a smile on his face and I raised an eyebrow.

"What?" I asked, feeling hungry. I could practically feel my stomach growling. I watched as he turned off the stove and smiled at me. I raised an eyebrow again. Wasn't he going to finish cooking that?

"Come on," he said, grabbing my hand none too gently and pulling me up the stairs.

"Eh, Adrian?" I asked in confusion. I nearly tripped over my feet as I went up. I could see clothes littered everywhere, courtesy of Adrian. And since Ma was apparently visiting her grandchildren, there was no one to clean it up. I tried but gave up after picking up his tenth shirt and not knowing what to do with it.

Living with Adrian was like living with a child.

"Pack," ordered Adrian, shoving me into the master bedroom.

"Why?"

"We're going to France."

"What?"

"Oh, and bring Darius's phone as well, will you?"

Follow me on Instagram: Imsooverpolice