Simon looked at Athena in surprise, noticing that was the first time she had said anything since they met. "Right. So the rune on Clary's neck..." Simon drawled.

"A healing rune. Jace used it to save her life," Isabelle informed.

Athena tuned out of Izzy and Simon's conversation, tracing her fingers over the intricate patterns on Izzy's bed. Hearing Simon begin to talk to her, she snapped her head up in surprise and looked over to the questioning mundane. "Why is your skin green?" He repeated. Athena looked down upon the emerald skin on her hands and looked back up at Simon.

"I'm a warlock. Every warlock has a warlock mark, whether it be colored skin like mine," she gestured, "or horns, tails, hooves, brightly colored hair, and menacing cat eyes." Simon looked at Athena in fascination before quickly standing up off the silk sheets.

"Where could you possibly be going?" Athena hissed.

"To get Clary, to protect her from Jace," Simon addressed.

"And why would she need protection from Jace? He's the ultimate protector," Isabelle chided.

"What makes Jace so special?" Simon asked.

"Fastest, strongest, fiercest," Izzy bragged, "and hello, have you seen the guy?"

"Yeah, well, uh, sorry I asked," Simon dragged.

"Rest easy, hombre. Clary's in good hands," Isabelle confided. She stood up off of the bed and pushed Simon back down. Athena grabbed a chip off of the black tray Izzy had placed on the sheets and dipped it into the peculiar dip Isabelle had made.

"Mm, don't worry. There's plenty more where that came from," Isabelle informed.

Athena made a disgusted face after deciphering the taste and quickly pushed the black tray away from her and towards Simon and Izzy. "Good to know," she sarcastically stated. Simon picked up a silver spoon off of the tray, the metallic surface gleaming. He dipped it into the dip, and made the same face Athena did.

"So the Circle... if they're as bad as they say they are, it's not good for Clary, is it?" Simon fretted.

"It's not good for any of us," Athena remarked.

-

ATHENA found herself back in Izzy's dimly lit room, without Simon. She was glad the mundane had gone, but in his place, was Clary. Isabelle was finding Athena and Clary some clothing to wear and Athena stood in front of the mirror wearing the outfit Izzy had given her.

She glanced at her reflection before looking up at Izzy. "This is the least revealing thing you have?" She questioned.

"What?" Izzy chuckled, "All the naughty bits are covered. A little too much in my opinion." Athena sighed and walked away from the gleaming mirror, placing herself in an armchair.

"Where's Simon?" Clary inquired.

"Who?" Isabelle asked.

Clary gave her a confused look and Isabelle answered, "Kidding. He's in good hands with the boys."

"So, um... you, Alec, and Jace are... what, like family?" Clary questioned.