Promise: Chapter 1

"Armin!" Eren screamed running towards the short blonde who was quietly reading under an apple tree.

Armin looked up to see the brunette covered in mud from chasing frogs, and grass stains all over his clothes, making him look like he was a mad man. What Armin mostly admired about the brunette was his eyes, they were breathtaking and wonderful, they were full of life. Sometimes Armin wished he was Eren, so handsome, strong, and wonderful. Armin doesn't even know what he did to have a friend like him.

"Armin, you okay buddy?" Eren asked with concern in his voice.

"Yeah, what is it Eren?"

"Um...well, I was talking with my mom about you and me and....do you want to be together forever?" Eren asked shyly

"Of course, we will be together, isn't what we planned?" Armin said looking up Eren with curiosity.

Eren blushed furiously.

"Well I w-was thinking..i-if we could, you know, be married when we g-grow up?" Eren stuttered.

Armin didn't know how to respond, he did love Eren, but not that way.

"Of course!" Armin lied, smiling at Eren.

With that Eren ran to his house and got his notebook, which was covered in doodles in the cover. Eren scribble something down on his notebook and showed it to Armin to see.

"You need to put up you're signature so you don't lie." Eren said pointing at the bottom of the paper. Armin wrote his signature and looked at Eren who was smiling.

"Now pinkie- promise." Eren said lifting his pinkie to Armin who also did the same, both their pinkies connected, giving their promise to each other.

--------------Time Skip-------------------------

"Jean, sweetie, we can make this work, please just be patient." Armin said.

"DIDN'T YOU HEAR ME, I WANT TO BREAKUP WITH YOU!"

"B-but I thought you said we will be together forever." Armin stuttered

"WELL DON'T BELIEVE WHAT PEOPLE SAY, EVERY WORD MAY BE LIES!"

Armin's world seem to stop for a moment. Why? Why was the world cruel to him? What did he do to get this? Armin was heartbroken, all the sweat kind words Jean said were all lies, the flowers, the promises, the 'love' word...were they all lies? Armin started crying, running away from Jean, and the place he once called home. He ran, and ran, ignoring all Jean's callings.

Armin found himself standing on a bridge, Nobody loves me, nobody wants me, nobody needs me. He didn't think about one specific person. Eren?

Eren was running as fast as he could towards Armin, he then stopped at his tracks. Armin saw that Eren was crying, his eyes mixed with fear, anger, and sadness.

"Armin, why do you want to kill yourself?" Eren said sternly with a bit of fear in his voice.

"How did y-?"

"I decided to visit you...before I knock at the door, you immediately ran from your apartment, I ran after you....I was worried"

Armin looked at Eren, he looked heartbroken as well, but worse than Armin...

"WHY WOULD YOU WORRY ABOUT ME!! WHY?! NOBODY LOVES ME, EREN, NOBODY LOVES ME!!" Armin screamed, tears becoming worse than before.

"I DO YOU IDIOT, I LOVE YOU!"

Armin was at shock, he...he didn't love Eren at all. Eren got something from his pocket, the paper where Armin sign a contract with Eren.....

"DON'T YOU REMEMBER!? I PROMISE TO LOVE YOU AND CARE FOR YOU, TO PROTECT YOU! WE PROMISE TO BE WITH EACH OTHER" Eren yelled, pointing at the piece of paper he held.

"Eren.....I was just kidding back then....I don't actually love you...."

Silence, Eren was angry and sad, Angry at himself for liking Armin too much, Sad because Armin, his love of his life rejected him..

"Armin, sweatie, I so sorry!" Jean said, interrupting the silence.

Soon Armin's face lit up of joy seeing the love of his life, Jean. Eren let the paper fall from his hand and walked away. Armin was running towards Jean, not caring if he stepped on the paper of the promise he made. Jean and Armin were hugging each other, like they never seen each other for years before. Eren slowly walking away from the place he got heartbroken, not daring to look back he knew, Armin was happy.....

A/N: So.... please don't kill me, it was inspired by a video. And I'm sorry......not! >:3 I'm evil, bwahahahha. I WANNA SEE TEARS!!!