158: Corruption (+ Short Story)

I ACTUALLY WROTE SOMETHING I'M SLIGHTLY PROUD OF =D

and of course being me I drew something to go with it xD

(So now if you wanna read it:)

This is based off of an area in a RPG me and my friend play(ed). The description of the area is: "The Roots of Corruption is a dangerous area. It corrupts the mind and can turn you against your friends."

So yup enjoy ^v^ oh btw this will also be practice for me writing 3rd person POV (tell me what chu think :P)

=====================================

Neon and Cash approached the area, looking for the quest item said to be in the area.

"What is this place called again?" Cash asked looking at the obsidian spikes that littered the area, poking one with his sword.

"The Roots of Corruption, I believe," Neon replied looking at the map she held open. She put the map away and pulled out her bow, ready to shoot if needed. They continued further into the area killing a few monsters along the way. Cash ran up ahead, being reckless as always. They were heading to a legendary shrine that is supposed to be in the area, the powder you get from there allows you to enchant your weapons with powerful enchants.

"BE CAREFUL!" Neon shouted trying to catch up without being scratched by the spikes. Neon caught up to Cash just as he was trying to sneak into the shrine. He used his vanish spell allowing him to go invisible and walk in, meanwhile Neon jumped up on top of the shrine. Neon used her bomb spell on an arrow and shot in the middle of the shrine guardians, critically damaging them all. Cash became visible and used his spin attack to kill the guardians. Neon jumped down and ran up to the shrine, grabbing a bag of the enchantment powder. Cash did the same and they started running out of the shrine. Just as they were making it out Cash started stumbling. Neon hadn't noticed that Cash was slowing down and made it outside. When she realized that he wasn't behind her, she got slightly nervous. His agility was higher, usually allowing him to run faster than her. She looked back into the room that held the shrine, seeing Cash stumbling and almost fall. He made it out a few seconds later however. He looked really pale, like he was sick.