Graham took a step towards them, bringing the attention to him.  "You shouldn't invite strange people into your home."

"Oh," she said while waving a hand dismissively, "my guards will make sure you don't mess with me."

"Your guards?" Scott asked in confusion, scanning her face in attempt to place her.  Maybe she was one of those trust fund children, and her dad was some big shot.

She nodded, pursing her lips in a cute way that made him doubt his thoughts.  "Yeah, plenty of guards.  Come on, I'll show you two the way."

"What about clothes for Scott?" Graham asked.  "Are you sure you don't want to just go to mine?  It's right around the corner."

"And mine is right there," she replied, pointing at a brick house across the street, near the alley Graham and her had been in moments earlier.  "How about we both go clean up at different places, and then we'll meet back here?"

"Deal," Scott said with a nod.  "I'll go to Sam's, and Graham can go home."

"Or, we can both go to mine and Sam can go home," Graham said, while gripping Scott's shoulder and pushing him back to where they had come from. 

"That makes more sense," Scott agreed while winking at Sam over his shoulder.

She laughed at him.  "Go change into something that doesn't smell so bad and meet me back here in thirty.  I actually really would like to know the story you two have to tell."

"Thirty minutes," Scott replied, tapping the Rolex on his wrist.  "I'll be waiting."

She shook her head at him and darted across the street.  Both Graham and him stood there and watched as she entered her house.  Until they knew she was safe, they didn't move.

"You think she really has guards?" Graham asked.

Scott shook his head.  "No, but I bet by the time this is done, she'll have them."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Graham asked him as he began walking back to Graham's place.

"Being married to a powerful man can put her in danger," he replied, keeping the smile off his face. 

Graham caught up to him as they walked down the street.  He let out a nervous chuckle.  "For a minute there, I thought you were going to propose to her."

"I thought about it, but I would hate for her to have to tell that story.  I can see it now.  Our kids will be like, 'Mommy, mommy, how did you meet daddy?'  Then she would say, 'Well, you see honey, daddy was stupid enough to listen to Uncle Graham, dressed up like a hobo, and then proposed.  It was so romantic,'" Scott cooed in his best woman voice.

Letting out a laugh, Graham smacked him on the back of the head.  "Sam sounds nothing like that."

The doorman held the door open for them. Scott saluted the man, who did the same back as they walked into the building.  "It's what she would say though."

"I don't think so," Graham mumbled.  "She would say something like, 'Your dad always came up with the best ideas, don't know where he got them from, but they were brilliant.  Well, one day, I was walking home and saw your very handsome Uncle Graham standing in an alley.'"

The elevator dinged as they entered it.  The two of them ignored the old lady huddled in the corner as Graham finished his imitation.  "She would smile down at them then continue with, 'Then out of nowhere, your daddy dropped to his knee and proposed.  Not only did I feel bad for him, but also there was a crowd.  I had no choice but to say yes.' Her kids would look at her in confusion before saying, 'But, mommy, I thought Uncle Graham was our daddy.'"

Scott tried not to laugh but as Graham did his child voice, he couldn't keep it in.  "Man, is that how you really see the story going?"

They exited the elevator, Graham nodding the entire time.  "Yep.  Just be warned, man; when those kids come out with blonde hair, you know where she's been."

"And when they have red, don't even question it."

The door swung open, Nan standing on the other side with a glare.  "What are you two up to?"

Scott pointed at Graham.  "He's in love."

A large smile crossed the woman's face as Graham shot a deadly look towards Scott.  "He's making it up."

Nan's happy expression dropped to one of sadness.  "Oh," she whispered, wiping at her eyes, "and here I thought I could finally retire."

"Nan," Graham started but she shook her head at him.

"What am supposed to do with the two of you?  Scott still hates water."

"I can explain."

She narrowed her eyes at him.  "I don't think I want to know what you've been doing.  Your mother would kill you if she saw the state you were in."

"Good thing you don't live with her then," Graham mumbled with a shudder.

Scott had to keep himself from trembling too.  His mom loved him, but the woman despised dirt.  "Look, Nan, we have somewhere we have to be.  Graham is going to charm my future wife into marrying me."

"Who's going to marry him?" she asked in frustration.  "Why can't this woman marry him, and you find yourself a nice little woman for yourself."

He smiled. "Don't worry, Nan.  I have everything planned."

And Scott, unbeknownst to Graham, had everything planned out.

***Amazing banner on the side done by Platypus1987!  She also picked out the characters, which are amazing.  She's really good at listening to my horrible descriptions of my people and finding the perfect person.  Any who, big thanks to her!***