Part 5

Chapter 4 - Scott

Scott watched the two emerge from the alley and smiled.  As soon as Sam had seen him on the bench, he knew the act was up.  The woman was too smart for the both of them.  When she walked towards Graham, he couldn't wait to see what his friend would do, and Scott wasn't surprised when Graham bolted like a scared rabbit.

However, he was surprised when Sam followed.  Now, they were walking towards the diner across the street, and leaving him alone on the bench.  Jumping to his feet, he waved his arms in the air.  "Wait!"

Sam turned towards him and waved back.  "Go shower!" she called out.

He looked at the dazed expression on Graham's face and an idea began to form in his mind.  This was going to be fun.  It was time to pay Graham back for this entire ordeal.  Staggering towards them, he slumped a little.

"Hey!" he slurred, stalking closer towards them.

Graham's eyes widened as Scott got closer to them.  "What are you doing?" he hissed. "Everyone is looking at us."

"You don't care about those things," Scott whispered back before winking at Sam.

She smiled at him, but didn't say a word as he began his little scene.  "What're you doing with my wife?" he screamed at Graham.

Graham took a step away from them; his eyes darted towards the people around them.  "What are you doing, Scott?"

"Oh," he yelled.  "So, you know my name now.  After you took my wife, my house, even my clothes, I'm surprised you finally remember my name."

Sam slapped a hand over her mouth, and Scott knew she was trying to keep her laughter at bay. 

"Scott," Graham snapped, "stop man.  Just tell me what you want, and stop."

The people around them started to crowd in, eager to see some homeless person take their anger out on a man who was obviously wealthy.  "Go to my mom's party," Scott said quickly and quietly.

"I won't bring a date," Graham said.

"Didn't say that you would have too," Scott mumbled in confusion before he noticed Graham's eyes flick towards Sam.  Understanding hit Scott, making his smile widen.  "You going to let me go take a shower and agree to go to my mother's party or do you want to continue this?"

"Just leave," Graham mumbled.  "I'll go to your mother's damn party."

Scott smiled at him.  "Good."  Taking a step forward, he knelt down on one knee and looked up at Sam.  She let out a chuckle as he grabbed her hand in is.  "Sam, will you do the honor of becoming my date?"

The crowd around them cheered and a small blush crossed her cheeks.  "Yeah, I'll be your date, Scott."

He hopped to his feet and grabbed her in a tight hug.  Pressing a kiss to her cheek, he mumbled, "Thank you so much.  Having a date at my mother's party will make it easier."

Pulling back, he watched her wince.  "You really do stink."

It was his turn to blush, but luckily, the grime on his face kept her from seeing it.  "Sorry," he mumbled.

"You should probably let me go now," she whispered.  "Your crowd is gone."

His arms dropped and he took a step back from her. "That's just embarrassing," he mumbled.

"True," she said with a shrug.  "Hey, you want to go to my place and change?  You kinda got stuff all over me.  No offence to you, but I don't enjoy smelling like I just went dumpster diving."