Lesson 30: Haters Have To Hate

Start from the beginning

          I will kill Mickey’s stupid friends if they dare touch the punchbowl again. Last time, for the Halloween party and the school’s dance committee, instead of the student council, the idiots spiked the punch. It made her go all berserk and chase the idiots out of the school, only to be caught by the door by the Malone twins to make sure she didn’t murder anyone.

          Knocks came from her door and she quickly hurried to it, opening it and finding her mother standing there with a mixed look of confusion and puzzlement.

          “Why is Ronnie McCoy at our front door in a tux and asking for you?” her mother, Gracie, asked.

          She walked back into her room, grabbing her tote bag that contained certain supplies for dance and slinging it over her shoulder while explaining to her mother, “I made a deal with Mickey Varsity that I would go to the winter dance with Ronnie if he convinces and takes Michelle to it as well.”

          “Tami, why are you hanging out with Mickey Varsity?”

          Tami walked towards her mother, noticing how the confusion just increased on Gracie’s face. “Because Mickey’s dating Michelle,” she answered, pushing her hand into her locks of blue to scratch the back of her neck. She decided that keeping her hair down and in slightly curled locks was a good choice. “Trust me, Ma, if they weren’t dating, I would’ve continued staying away from the boys."

          “Are you sure that it’s a good choice to stay away from them?” Gracie asked curiously.

          “Yes, it is. Now, I have to get going,” she said, walking past her mother in a slight hurry. “You know how Ronnie get when he’s bored and alone.”

          “Keep him out of my living room!”

          He’s not coming over again, Tami mentally hissed, making her way into the foyer where stood said man. She had to slow down a bit, or else she would’ve faltered and looked like a complete idiot for practically gawking at the sexy man.

          Only once had Tami seen Ronnie’s hair not cut short and styled with a cowlick was in elementary school. He was trying to mock Mickey’s hairstyle, only to be made fun of until he got a haircut since it didn’t look good on him. So, as usual, his hair was short with the famous cowlick. His dark brown eyes were as dark as ever and gleamed with pure excitement. Remembering the past, Tami knew very well that Mickey’s and Ronnie’s favorite time of the year was Christmas. He was well dressed in a black tux with a red tie and green button up.

          “I was hoping you wouldn’t come.”

          Ronnie scratched the side of his cheek, eyes obviously checking her out. “Wouldn’t want to miss this opportunity,” his eyes snapped to hers, “for the world.”

          To say she was uncomfortable was a complete understatement. The guy she had been avoiding for the past four or so years was there, in her house, picking her up for a school dance. “Whatever. Let’s get going,” she muttered, walking past him and opening the door.

          “Why did you tell me to come early?” he asked, stepping out of the house after she did and closing it behind him. He followed her closely behind. “Wanted to make out? Sorry to break it to you, but I only make out with girls on second dates.”

          Tami scoffed, “You would make out with them under any circumstance.”

          “Touche.”

          “And I’m a part of the student council,” she said, answering his question. “I need to be there early. I have some supplies I need to drop off and I need to make sure that your,” she glared sharply at him, “stupid friends won’t spike the punch bowl.”