Marcela Kane Lantrip - Mentorship Mistakes

Marcela Kane Lantrip is an international tax professional and an  advocate of mentorship

Marcela Kane Lantrip is an international tax professional and an advocate of mentorship. The mentee/mentor relationship offers a number of benefits to all involved parties and it can provide some of the most valuable knowledge that a professional can find. Unfortunately, not all mentorships are without issues. Even those who support mentorship and encourage it in the workplace, as Marcela Kane Lantrip does, can make mentorship mistakes.

To avoid mentorship mistakes, identify possible issues like those listed below and then work to recognize and rectify them if they arise.

Identical Backgrounds – Having a mentee that is just like you, with an identical background, is comfortable, but not necessarily beneficial. Working closely with someone who is different from you will create more growth and learning on both ends by exposing both parties to new perspectives.

Not only is it beneficial to seek a mentee with a varied educational background, but it is also positive to open mentorship to mentees with different cultural upbringings. This removes mentorship limits and, in some cases, can even open international doors.

Lack of Direction – When a mentor takes on a mentee, it's easy to assume that you'll provide general help, but that often leads to wasted time. Mentors should ask their mentees to first understand what they need assistance with so that they can ask targeted questions and receive specific advice.

It is easier for mentors to provide assistance and follow-up information to mentees when they have direction. Additionally, if a mentor sees a direction that a mentee is missing, he or she should bring it up to ensure it is not overlooked.

Time Wasting – Both the mentor and the mentee owe each other a respect of the other's time. This means that all meetings should have a clear agenda to avoid wasting time over lunch or during a meeting. Time wasting is often the biggest issue in mentor/mentee relationships.

If you are in a mentor/mentee relationship that you feel is wasting time, schedule a meeting to address the issue and to get the partnership on track.

Lack of Give and Take – Mentorships are not meant to be one-way streets. Mentors can learn from their mentees just as mentees can learn from them.

Establishing give and take is often up to the mentor, as he or she must ask the right questions and listen at the right times to effectively learn from a mentee.

If you're seeking a seasoned mentor like Marcela Kane Lantrip, look for experienced professionals in your area and reach out. Such professionals are often highly receptive to mentorship requests.

For More Information Visit Here - https://www.crunchbase.com/person/marcela-kane-lantrip