Prologue

Prologue

Mitchie’s POV 

My hips swayed automatically to the music as I pushed myself through the heavy amount of people that crowded the bar, my bronze-gold eyes glistening in the strobe lights as they took in the place, my lips curved in a small smile as my face held an expression of subtle determination. My tight dark grey jean jumpsuit hugged my figure and only I could hear the noise my high heeled knee length black suede boots made as I walked.

As I swerved between the people I made sure to not touch them so my scent wouldn’t rub off anyone and make me even more noticeable.

I was hunting a scent – I had no patience to be hunted myself.

But no matter how many people I passed, I could not sniff out who I was looking for.

I had just stepped into the bar, and already I felt a little uneasy about the situation.

“He’s here Angel. Nate was sure of it,” Derek’s voice rang inside of my head, and my insecurities about the ploy instantly fell away as our connection was opened via the telepathy. And I wished even more that he had come in with me.

Because other than wearing these tight outfits, being separated from him even for a minute was horrible. But I knew all ploys would end before they started if Derek saw the looks in the men’s eyes as they looked at me.

Possessiveness was not something that was squashed easily with mated Alpha Werewolves.

“I’m not saying he was wrong. I’m just not sure if he’s still here.” I said calmly as I went to the bar and ordered a beer, tutting on the inside at how easily men let things slide for a woman in tight or revealing clothing, as rather than ask for my ID he gave me a card with his number on it.

I could almost feel Derek roll his eyes as I burnt the card under the bench of the bar. “Forget the loser, and concentrate. What’s Craig and Tom’s status?”

I sighed and swigged from the bottle before turning around and leaning against the bench, letting my eyes roll casually around my surroundings until my eyes met theirs.

I knew exactly where both Tom and Craig were located, as – though they had come in earlier than I did and at different times of each other – we had already scoped the place out before the opening time so our positions were exactly co-ordinated.

But disappointment flooded over me when they both shook their heads at me when I met their eyes.

This was one crafty bastard.

“No sign of him. I think we should just go. We’re just getting unwanted attention…Well, I am anyway…”  I said to Derek using our connection as I continued to eye everyone carefully.

“Okay, we’re a few streets down. I’ll tell Tom.” He said in resignation.

I knew how he felt. We’d been tracking down this douche for weeks after getting a tip off that he was the only one who could help us, as we still had no leads on where she was.

Tom nodded slightly after getting Derek’s message via pack member’s connection, Craig getting the message from reading his mind. They left after another nod at me which signalled ‘wait a little longer before following.’

Which of course left me alone in the bar with lustful gazes being swept up my way, and I was rather wigged out when I noticed that some of them was coming from women.

So you can imagine my interest when I saw one lone man in the back of the bar, who glanced at me once, before putting his head back down in disinterest.

Now, I’m not conceited or anything, but I have been told that my aura (inherited from my mother’s side) is one that is not unnoticed. People take a glance at me and they can’t help but to be interested in some way even if it’s for a second.

The only time this fails is when I am in front of a supernatural stranger who has a mate or is used to seeing such aura’s as mine.

And therefore that had to be my man.

“Guys, I think I may have found him. Wait for further notice.”  I sent the mental message to Craig, Nate and Derek as I walked toward Mr Thomas Sunderland.

“Hey there,” I said with almost seductive menace as I touched his shoulder. “Can I join you?”

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote, comment and Fan!

Love xxxx :D