Chapter 3 - kill the nobles

Start from the beginning

"A mission?" Keanu asked. "What are you, spies?"

Glen chuckled, his shaggy hair bouncing slightly. "Close. We're assassins."

His eyes lit up when those two words were said, Keanu noticed, and his facial expression gave away no hint of lying. Glen really was an assassin, which meant he wouldn't let Keanu go without a fight.

"Who are you assassinating?" He asked, trying to sound indifferent.

Glen smiled darkly. "You'll just have to wait and see."

In another puff of white smoke, Glen disappeared. Keanu scanned the room for any traces of him but then felt something land on his head.

"C'mon." Glen said. "We don't have all night."

A small black bird flew from its perch in Keanu's hair and over to the door. Keanu shook his head and followed it, doubting his chances of ditching it.

"I'm guessing your armour is an 'Imperial Arms?'" Keanu asked as the two of them darted through the trees.

Glen turned his beady black eyes on him mid-flight. "You know about those?"

Keanu nodded, trying to sway the conversation from how he knew about them back to the question. Glen shifted into a large black panther in a puff of smoke and scaled the trunk of a tree with ease.

"The armour of change, Shiffuto." Glen said. "My Imperial Arms has the ability to alter my appearance to match any living being on the planet."

Keanu nodded. "What about the others? Do they all have Imperial Arms?"

"Indeed." Glen pounced from branch to branch while Keanu dashed underneath him. "You'll get to see a few in action tonight. Stop up ahead, where the tree line stops."

Keanu did as he was told, sliding to a halt behind a tree trunk on the edge of a large property. Glen shifted back into a bird and landed on a low hanging branch next to him.

"This is the estate of a group of rich sadists, who sell women off at a young age and torture peasants." Glen squawked angrily. "Assholes. I wish I could be in there myself."

Keanu scanned the house thoroughly. It had three main entrances, two on the first floor and one on the second, over ten windows and two balconies.

"Are the others in there?" He asked.

Glen chirped. "Yep. Look up at the front balcony."

Indeed, Keanu saw the white-haired boy from earlier slowly approaching a man dressed in purple robes. He was carrying an abnormally giant pair of scissors by his side.

"There's Hikari." Glen pointed his beak. "His Imperial Arms is Extase, the cutter of creation. It can slice through anything in existence."

The nobleman suddenly whipped a sword out from within his robes and held it up defensively. However, Hikari's blade moved quicker. In a flash of silver, the man's sword was cut completely in half and a surge of blood came pouring out of his neck. He dropped below Keanu's line of sight as Hikari walked back inside, his white hair and outfit splashed with crimson.