Chapter 2

* * *

It's funny how Sohee gets late despite her knowledge about this issue. She's familiar with the cycle of her life. She's used to it and doesn't even bother changing her routine. In her mind, she's thinking that maybe this is really how she's created and meant to live life. But, it was unrecognizable that a certain part of her so-called "routined life" was changed: It was talking and meeting Kyungsoo by the bus stop every morning. It was a change or maybe it was an additional to the routine. 

Every morning she runs to the bus stop half-heartedly. She wanted to give up and stop taking her masters' but she knew that without that achievement, she'll be nothing. I need this, I need to work hard for this.

Sohee put worries aside and tried to focus on living her ordinary life. She talks to Kyungsoo often, this developed their closeness to each other.

"So, Sohee-yah... Uhm, never mind," Kyungsoo hesitates. They were both sitting on the bench, based on regular basis, waiting for the bus to come. "Mwoyeyo?" Sohee turns her head and asks. "A-aniya, it's nothing." Sohee smiles at him innocently. 

Kyungsoo doesn't expect how innocent Sohee is; it's probably her first time. I don't think she had flings or even dated someone before. If I were her she'd probably get it now, but should I really ask her? Like, come on! Agh! Kyungsoo, pabo pabo! She's too young! He keeps talking in his mind.

"Kyungsoo-ssi," Sohee puts an end to Kyungsoo's fluttering mind. "Ne?" he looks at her glowing face. "Are you free tomorrow? Come with me to the book store, I need to find something." Kyungsoo was shocked. Is she asking me on a date? Kyungsoo, snap out of it. She probably needs it for school requirements. "I'll think about it.... Yeah, sure. I've got nothing to do, see you at Chanyeol's Book Shop by 2PM tomorrow?" Sohee nods and grins with excitement. Kyungsoo stares at her, watching her youthful smile overpowering her stressed fine lines. 

Kyungsoo looks at his wristwatch; he got a bit excited and arrived thirty minutes earlier. Not bad, not bad for a gentleman Kyungsoo. He sits on the stool that belongs to the coffee shop beside the book shop. "One cup of coffee please, creamed with one sugar cube. Thanks," he ordered, the waiter nods. Not long, his cup is placed on the coffee table.

Kyungsootook small sips with his second cup of coffee, between intervals, he looks at his watch and looks at the time. Two-thirty, where might she be? Thirty minutes is a bit too long. Maybe she slept in again, when will that woman ever learn? He took the last sip at his cup, Kyungsoo-ssi!" Kyungsoo stands up and takes five dollars and placed it on the table. 

"Slow down! Ha-ha-ha! When will you ever learn?" Instead of getting mad, Kyungsoo laughs it off. He grew fond of Sohee and somewhat got used to her I'm-going-somewhere-important-but-I'm-late-now routine. "Mianhada, mianhada. I overslept, when I looked at the clock, it was already quarter to two! I'm really sorry!" He messed her hair and held her wrist. They walked in the book shop.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" A tall guy with a messy do greeted them. "Oh, isn't it Do Kyungsoo! How ya doin' buddy? It's been a long time!" Chanyeol, Kyungsoo's old friend from middle school owns the place. Chanyeol said showing his pearls; he shifts his eyes to Sohee and nods at her. 

"So, who's this young lady? Yeojachingu, I suppose?" Chanyeol raises his eyebrows, teasing the short guy, laughing with his deep voice.

"Aniya, aniya!" she shakes her head, "just a friend." She looks down embarassed.

"Ha-ha-ha! I was just joking. Anyway, my name's Chanyeol and you are--," Kyungsoo cuts him off, placing his hands on the lady's shoulders, "She's Sohee and she's looking for some book references."