Chapter 10

Avery's POV
5 and a half hours later
I woke and saw only Darry and Sodapop still there but Darry was making dinner.We were all awfully worried I could feel the tension in the the room,we haven't seen or talked to Ponyboy or Jonny
"Aye good morning kiddo"Darry said Looking at me on the couch."Hey Darry have you heard anything"I Said folding the blanket "No"he said looking down at the ground.I was really worried that Dally isn't back and we haven't heard... anything. I went to the restroom and washed my face knowing it was going to be a long night.
I went back to the living room to see that dinner was ready.I went to the dining table and sat down and then the phone rang and Darry got up to answer it.I took a bite of my food it was delicious.
"Hey guys we gotta go get Ponyboy from the hospital."
"What"I said getting up fast that I dropped my plate on the floor "Yeah it's okay worry bout that later lets go get my kid brother" I went to grab my sneakers and head for the door by the time I had one shoe on Darry was already in the car "aye hold up will ya"I said sliding on my other shoe. I got into the car and Sodapop was driving I held on to the dashboard while he sped off.
At the hospital
I got off the truck and ran to the entrance.I waited for Darry and Sodapop to catch up.
"Ponyboy Curtis,he wasn't admitted to a room"Darry said to the women at the desk
"I'll tell the guy he is with that y'all are here to see him go through that door"she said in her high pitched voice and pointed towards a door I let Sodapop and Darry go through the door first.I heard footsteps and Soda say "Oh, Ponyboy, your hair... your tuff, tuff hair..."
And then Darry said "Ponyboy..."in his husky voice . It was quiet for a couple seconds "Darry!" I heard Ponyboy scream "Darry....I'm sorry"I started crying I walked out the doorway and saw them hugging and Ponyboy turned around and looked at me with tears in his eyes."Pony?"I said crying I looked down at the floor and I felt arms around me I looked up and it was Ponyboy crying just holding me. I wrapped me arms around his neck and he picked me up off the ground and I wrapped my legs around his waist."I'm sorry I just left like that Avery"He said looking at the ground."it's OK just don't do it a fucking again!"I said hitting his shoulder and picking up his chin . I heard soda and Darry laughing from behind Ponyboy and I just gave Pony a tight hug. I heard Soda start coughing and I hid my face and looked own cause I knew I was blushing. I felt a finger on the bottom of my chin pushing my head up,Ponyboy was staring right at me and he leaned in I leaned in to and I felt his chapped lips on my cheek I didn't mind though I was getting kissed on the cheek by the boy I had a crush on since I met him. I opened my eyes after I felt his lips leave my cheek he looked me right in my eyes "I missed you Avery I didn't stop thinking about you"Ponyboy said hugging me tight and kissing my cheek again and I heard a "woo" from behind Ponyboy I looked and it was Darry "Good job kid brother ha-ha"Sodapop said and they were laughing we went back to the waiting room where we waited to hear anything about Dally and Johnny and I saw a bunch if reporters and cops trying to talk to Ponyboy I was tired of waiting so I went to go find my mom.I walked down the hall and saw one of the nurses she worked with "Hey mam have you seen my mom?"
"Yeah she is in 103 , down the hall and to the left "she said pointing down the hall. I walked towards the room I waited for my mom to come out . "Knock knock" I said pretending to knock on the door "Come in"
"Hey mom, how is the patient doing "I said sitting down on the spinng chair.
"Not good ,not at all.. I don't know if he is going to make it,you know him?.......he's the one that killed that soc"
" umm, Yeah I know him and yeah it was self defense probably"I said getting a little angry at what she said.
"Well now I have to stay her all night making sure he stays alive but you can go home or spend the night at the Curtis house"she said putting the stethoscope on Johnny's back."Wait how do you know about the Curtis'"I said looking at her
"I met the older one the big broad one!"she said trying to make her self look bigger
"Haha you mean Darry yeah that's the eldest brother"I said spinning in the chair
"We talked bout you and Ponyboy and how you spent the night over there and how you can stay the night tonight if you need to"She said stopping me in the spinny chair."I want you to spend the next couple of night there okay baby so I stay here and help your friend"she said kissing my head "okay I will, I'll call you when I can okay"I said getting up from the spinny chair."okay love you"she said concentrating on johnny. I walked back to the waiting room to see Sodapop asleep on Darry and Ponyboy asleep on the chair. I went to sit down by Ponyboy I was tired too ,it was a late night and I know all of us haven't had much sleep. Darry went to go talk to the nurse. I already knew, as going on they all looked shocked from the news. I felt bad because I  didn't tell them nothing but they know now."We'd better go home, We can't do anything here."Darry said rubbing the back of his neck.
In the truck Ponyboy fell asleep and so did I .Once I felt te truck stop I woke up,but Ponyboy didn't, Darry carried Ponyboy into his room "You sleep in there with him or on the couch.. it's up to you" Darry said getting a blanket for Zoey asleep on the recliner "I'm just gonna sleep on the couch in the living room with Zoey "I said taking off my sneakers."Yeah of course "he said yawning
"Tired I feel the same "I said walking to the couch
"Yeah, well Goodnight kiddo"
"Goodnight Darry" I said getting off the couch and walking to the room,where Soda was undressing Ponyboy since he was already asleep.
"Where you gonna sleep at tonight"Sodapop said throwing the cover over Ponyboy."On the couch so I can be near Zoey "I said giving him a hug
"Okay hopefully i can get a goodnight sleep "he said walking over to the bed and throwing the cover over his face and his arm over pony. I walked out taking that as my cue to get out  ; well I was hoping that conversation would last longer. I laid down on the couch looking up at the ceiling .
I scooted around trying to get comfortable on the couch. I heard a noise and i looked over at Zoey and she looked uncomfortable.
"I see you looking at me Marie" Zoey said opening one eye and scaring the shit out of me
"Shit Zoey you scared the hell out of me''
''You'll be okay just go to sleep''
''okay I'll go to sleep just quit making noises.''
''Nite, Zoey''
''Goodnight Avery''

A/N
Hey guys thank you we have 179 reads
Thank you so much I hope you like the book give me feedback and if you would like to be in the story just ask thank you once again
~Stay Gold~