Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

Damn it, Ivory, you are a grown woman. He can't even remember your name and you care about him? Wait, do I care about him?

"Whatever. Let's go." She grabbed my arm, pulling me out of my thoughts and making me almost trip over as I got my legs to start again.

"By the way," she said as we walked out the front door. "Your husband is hot. I know he is hot. We got that down the first time he stepped out but he is hotter than hot. Do you even know how hot?"

In my mind I was counting how many times she said the word 'hot.' "What?"

"I saw him in the gym before. Did you shag him yet?"

"ROSE!" I exclaimed in embarrassment, quickly looking around to see if anyone overheard her. What was wrong with this woman? I could feel the reddening of my face as I glared at her back.

She turned around to wink at me and shrug her shoulders. She grabbed a redskin lolly from her bag and popped it into her mouth.

I didn't even know there was a gym at the house. Rose explained how she was trying to find the master's bedroom and walked past the gym instead, and I had to stop her there because I didn't want to know anything else. How come I didn't know we have a gym. Which was stupid, because apparently there was a gym at home.

"I'm serious. He has the hottest body. Did you see those abs? I mean I can -"

"You saw him naked?" I had my mouth in a big 'O' but I was also stifling a laugh. She shot me a dirty look as she chewed and I could see her saliva mixing with the lolly.

"Please," she said, emphasizing the letter 'P' and smacking her lips. "I just saw his upper half. I can't even imagine what his lo -"

I slapped the back of her head, laughing. I did not want to know. But for some reason I was a tiny bit annoyed at her walking around the house by herself and a tiny bit annoyed she saw him half naked. Sure, I did once too, but that was different. Whether I liked it or not I was married to him but Rose wasn't. And even thought she was the best friend I've always wanted, why do I feel so... so annoyed at her?

"You prude. As if you didn't make the house rule 'No Shirts Inside.'"

I shook my head as she hailed a taxi and we got in. But that was Rose. She would say stuff but she would never do something to betray me. That much I knew.

"You know, we could have taken one of the cars," I pointed out to her.

She nodded. "Yes, but I want you to be normal, not some hot lady with a hot husband with a rich life alright. Be a commoner."

"I am always a commoner, Rose." At least in my heart I knew I was a commoner. I never even cared about or liked the fact I was rich during my childhood. I was always treated differently. People wanted to be my friends so they could use me, or were too respectful because they were afraid my father would sue them if they did something bad to me.

"What's the plan for today?" I asked. Big mistake. Her eyes shone mischievously, and I regretted ever going out of the house.

Eight hours later, not only was I sure that Darius was home but I was going to be in trouble when I get back. If he was angry last night, he was going to be furious with me and right now I didn't want to see his face. I could only imagine what it would look like, and nothing was short of a nightmare.

"Rose," I whined, still nervous about dealing with Darius. She slapped my shoulder, hard, and I held in a scream as I rubbed my upper arm. Damn, this woman is strong.

"I really need to f -" I bit my tongue as she slapped me again. Her eyes were concentrating on the movie. After hours of pointless shopping, where she bought heaps of junk, and eating like pigs for an early dinner, we went to her place to watch a movie.