Contest Entry-"Whispers In The Dark"

For @GuildofGraphic 's contest! (I'll comment it as my entry tomorrow) The Prompt was to create a cover based on one of your favorite songs!

It is a song by Skillet that is actually an allegory with incredible metaphors.

Name of the song: "'Whispers In The Dark"Artist: SkilletMy Username: @ClintonFrancisBartonWhy my cover fits the song:1 (regarding the images)-The song constantly refers to roses as a symbol of love and comfort

Artist: Skillet
My Username: @ClintonFrancisBarton
Why my cover fits the song:
1 (regarding the images)-The song constantly refers to roses as a symbol of love and comfort. ("Turn your tears to roses" and "clothe you in crimson roses" ) I selected a rose due to the repetitive nature of the song and the significance of the rose/roses. The girl in the image has an appearance of being frustrated and even has a tear streaking down her face.

2 (regarding the texture and nature of the background)- This song would be categorized as grunge or rock. I wanted to capture the musical qualities of the song by giving it a distressed appearance. It looks frayed and fractured which represents the mood of the song and the person that the "narrarator"/singer is speaking too. I also like to think that the streaks look like "whispers."  :P

3 (concerning the colors)- The song is extremely heavy and metallic so I wanted colors that are commonly associated with horror. Red, black, and white provide a wonderful contrast. I also wanted to portray the "dark" in contrast to the beautiful rose. If you look closely you can see black roses that differ from the red rose.

4 (concerning the font)- I wanting distressed, but elegant gothic fonts to make this cover have a creepy feel. The song itself is very dark and potentially depressing so I wanted the cover to portray that.

~Lorna